Discipline and execution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discipline and execution!

What Nuff people can't understand is that at this level it s not the best looking team playing the best brand of ball that wins, it is the most disciplined team that will win, which is why the US and Mex are first out of the hex consistently. Lack of discipline leads to unfocused, uninspired play, lack of discipline lead to guys playing out of position and the defensive shape being in disarray, lack of discipline leads to coaches being unable to communicate and the team unable to execute as a unit. That is what we saw last night. This hex will not be dominated by pretty ball it will be ruled by he who makes the least mistakes, we made two mistakes that cost us, worse we did not play in a way that would reduce the possibility of the mistake, so instead of the midfield holding shape and absorbing the punishment the defense line was reached and bypassed by a weak cr team.

What shocked concacaf from the mex game was seeing jamaica play a serious defense first, disciplined counterattack game like a unit, they were scared that such a team would be there all hex, now they are smiling again, as the panama coach said he expected a different more defensive team, the cr coach said some of the same before the game, instead he got a wide open, non pressing team, what does a wide open team love more than a wide open opponent, we played into their hands.

Until we figure out who we are and understand that hex football is not Carib cup and that the team with the least mistakes and play disciplined unit ball will move forward.

Some people on here say the most indisciplined of players should get a shot, well if they can't even discipline them self to play club ball how them going to play hex ball. We are dreamers, dreaming of a day we wil play like brazil and not content to know we are jamaica and we must play to what we have.

Seven matches to go, this can be done but don't expect no miracles, this will have to be hard scrabble, disciplined, play with purpose ball. I can understand why some people find that funny, because maybe struggle and sacrifice is too hard and that ain't no fun to watch. But I tell you that draw in Mexico at Azteca was the best I have ever seen us play against a good opponent in a very tough situation, we played a tight structured defense and did not need any magic to get the opportunities that we threw away, just straight up ball. This is the hex our offense must springboard from the defense, that will keep us competitive, if we are competitive we have a shot, we can't be competitive when we lose by two to that cr team.

Stoni, Costa Rica proved that you can have a ruxy team with a ruxy defence and still win games even if you have half of an offence.

It simple, Stoni.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes, but that was not us, and when you on the road you are at a disadvantage so you have to play tough defense to survive. The way cr play if we played tough defense against their open style of play there would have been Nuff opportunity to score.

Comment

Get specific.. who is saying the most indisciplined of players should get a shot..and how are these indisciplined players that are not disciplined enough to play club ball ??

I could phrase this another way but lets give you the benefit of the doubt...

Expound please...

Comment

As it was, 2 proved to sufficient

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Stoni goals win matches. It's as simple as that. We cannot qualify by drawing every match. We threw away the Panama match and now we threw away a winnable away match to sit at the foot of the table. We must change course if we want advance.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Absolutely but don't you see that this is a competition about commitment and execution, that is what the Mexican game commentators were surprised by the commitment to defensive shape all match and execution of that, believe me you will get Nuff chances as you frustrate the opposing team into taking chances and losing the ball, when you don't do it, you get guys running into your 18 yard box playing dandy shandy and sorting goals that will be a highlight reel for years to Coe in cr.

Comment

So we play strong defence all evening, shutting down spaces and passing lanes and hope we get a good counter to score a goal.

I see.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Simple business, especially like how you tell me fI shut up so mi Nuh fraud fI hurt yuh feelings just a little bit

Mr mattocks is not ready for this yet.
                  http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/W...236/story.html

He also had eight, count them eight yellow and red cards in 24 plays, what is that, he is picking up a card in every three games.

Can't play indisciplined players at this level. Same with Hue he shows defensive indiscipline at this level of serious ball, you need guys who can play 90 minutes defense. Simple as that, the solution many are calling for will only make it worse, the true deal is coming with a torrid defensive intensity and mopping on the counter as there will be plenty of loose and intercepted balls playing that style. Plus in the 4-5-1 you will have a lot of chances to build the ball as well in possession as you will have the extra player lower to give that additional option and support in the middle of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                    Same with Hue he shows defensive indiscipline at this level of serious ball, you need guys who can play 90 minutes defense.
                    What about the other players on your team who have no offensive discipline?

Screw discipline! They have no offensive capabilities, abilities, know-how!

I'll take Hue's so-called defensive indiscipline any day over ruxiness in attack.

And this defensive indiscipline is a rumour, not a true one too!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I have seen him play a few times and that was the key weakness that I picked up why he is not on my team.

Poor play should end up with riding the pine and giving others a shot, so I agree time for Shelton take a seat now, I am ready for Ryan Johnson to take another run.

Comment

What did we do in Mexico at 7k feet, even under those extreme conditions we had multiple chances of attack and should have scored three or four times with a little more composure. We don't need to have majority possession to win a ball game, cr showed us that, you need defensive integrity, that don't mean paying defense all day as with that kind of press, we will be frustrating te opposing team into mistakes.

They all want to see the dancehall reggae boyz all about the fun and prancing, all style and little substance not the 'bring the fire' capleton reggae boyz no smiling business ready to execute and play like they actually believe in something.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                          What did we do in Mexico at 7k feet, even under those extreme conditions we had multiple chances of attack and should have scored three or four times with a little more composure. We don't need to have majority possession to win a ball game, cr showed us that, you need defensive integrity, that don't mean paying defense all day as with that kind of press, we will be frustrating te opposing team into mistakes.

They all want to see the dancehall reggae boyz all about the fun and prancing, all style and little substance not the 'bring the fire' capleton reggae boyz no smiling business ready to execute and play like they actually believe in something.
                          You really thought we did that well in Mexico? Okay, great!

I don't share that view.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Oh, when was the last time you saw Maestro play?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Carib cup. Saw a little.

Comment

Working...
                              X