RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is giving that final talk to the team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is giving that final talk to the team!

Where is the fury, where is the fire, where is the energy, this is the thing that really worries me about this team and what I saw in the Panama game. Every team I have ever been involved with contains multiple individuals all with different personalties and strengths and weaknesses that while they may be professionals all need that final talk that revs up their brain cells before heading onto the battlefield, whether it is football, basketball or your job especially operation type jobs where you need brain working hard in a physical environment you need a clear sense of purpose of what the immediate task is, expectations on execution, and final payoff, back against the wall, battleground, you against the world speeches, go out and take it, it is yours.

It is crunch time, game three who is delivering the brimstone and lava speech to the troops, I feel that is missing on this team, I sense a lack of purpose.
    Last edited by Stonigut; March 26, 2013, 09:21 AM.

Speaches don't always work. At this stage you shouldn't even have to fire up the players especially coming off the Mexico game. These are pros and should have an idea what to go out there and do.

Tatically speaches where the coahes instruct the players and give them a reminder in my opinion is more needed at this level.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Please please Stoni stop. Rah Rah speeches are of no use at this level when you have the wrong concept of play. The style of play you espouse can't beat any team in the hex other than England. We keep talking about possession but which totally English team can play or actually plays possession. This is a different deal and your style does not travel well except to stateside. I am hoping for the best.

Comment

Some guys were too hype for the Panama game & received silly cards. Too much adrenaline naw go work.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Hey you dealing with human beings no matter how professional, you still need some perspective, we have seen this at every single level of human endeavor. I have seen it work in real life pretty much in every facet of life. Our team ends it especially as they are a seriously disparate group.

Comment

Pep talks do work .... The speaker must k is what to say and how to say in order to further motivate the players....otherwise Ray Lewis has been whistling dixie for these many Sundays

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Rudi you have got to be joking. They are even more important here, we have a motley crew in a critical qualification process somebody who has a clear vision of the road ahead better be talking to them and getting mind and body in the right frame of mind. Hell all the professional teams have psychotherapists on them.
              We saw the team almost beat Mexico, it is a simple thing we can't play the style you are espousing, we cannot move the ball and keep possession in the way you are probably talking about against good competition as we have not done that kind of work, it takes years of cohesion to get there. But you can play a super defensive style with counter that can kill even teams that are superior, it is not pretty but very effective, we saw it work well versus Mexico.
              Last edited by Stonigut; March 26, 2013, 08:56 PM.

Comment

fi real... pep talk do work... man affi know is life or death thing... and put out ever effort in concentration and execution... pep talks works especially among professionals who don't want to looked at as failures...

fire suppose tuh a chaw... a whole nation footballing future depends on this group of jamaican players...
                'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Where is Spartacus when you need him?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Of course not, Sass, but many times that is exactly what will make David whup Goliath's a$s!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                    X