Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
    Interesting thoughts Stoni... I likey

So if you are now advocating a local-led core squad of properly trained, widely exposed ball winning, space closing, fleet footed, hand to hand warriors operating in sweet unison in the space-time continuum...

Welcome to the Red Pill Club
    Jah know...mi affi admire dis...mi neva memba dem words yah atall

Peerless
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

The great unbalance is direct result of players limitation on technical skills and tactical acumen. That is, our players touch is poor and use of the 'brain' poor.

In our matches we assist the opponents by quickly and frequently 'coughing up' the ball. It does not matter what formation used, we have to stop 'coughing up' the ball. ...additionally, matters not the formation if frequently our players do stupid things.

We need improved technical skills by and from each player...and smart plays=good use of 'brain' by each player.

I have not yet erased the videos of our matches against the top world TEAMs in the Copa America or that against the lesser Gold Cup opponents...but I am tempted to do so as no amount of harping on the play/wishing that what I am seeing is not there...hides the fact that the touches from our players and that movement and passing is all too often, poor!!!

If I were the teacher/if you were the teacher what would be emphasized in the coming training sessions? ...and how would it be done so that there is improved play in the very next match?

Would it be a bad idea to use the El Salvador match as teaching tool with emphasis on the movement and the passing of the El Salvadorans?

Would it also be good to point out occasions when the El Salvadorans attacked the ball?

What about our attackers attacking (going to the ball) and passing off same to TEAM-mate? ...when compared to how Mattocks for example fares?

How is it Mattocks jumps and does not touch the ball but the El Salvadorans jump and head on the ball to, or the very least heads the ball in the direction of a TEAMmate? Is it the ball hates Mattocks or he is not attacking the ball. He is making fake jumps? (Mattocks is not our only forward or player who engaged in same).

As to the many crucial moments when our other attackers chose to attempt holding the ball, turning and trying to shoot...when a simple pass to his better placed TEAMmate would do...God alone knows where 'brain' has taken a walk in those moments of 'coughing up' the ball!!!???!!!

What did I just say?
      Changing the formation with our players often 'coughing up' the ball shall get us same result!!!=POOR PLAY!!!

The technical director needs to teach and get his students understand, learn and put into practice pronto!!!

Our players need to come to grips with limitations and play within confines of being able to maximize on skill and use of brains!!!

They can be made into good TEAM...but only if they wish to use their individual talents to best of their abilities. If they can come to grips with the level of technical skill in hand and maximize of 'brain power'...then...FIFA top 15 - 20 mi seh!!! If they do not 'play within full abilities - physical and mental, dwag nyam dem an fi wi suppa!!!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Who in the entire Jamaican diaspora best fits that position?
        The current players!
        They just need to use brain!

We do not have better prospects outside of this set of players!!!
        No amount of wishing changes that!!!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

We need all of it Karl, but again 4-5-1 is not just about formation, it is about playing to order in a setup that allows you to fight for the heart of the game. We know our strengths and we know our weaknesses so it is a matter of finding the right combination to maximize this. For all the perceived issues you had, did you not see that pressing the man and multiple marking led to elsal coughing up the ball and we see this all the while with proper committed pressing and pouring players into midfield whether it is pulling back an attacker or pushing up a defender, the fight must be won where the battlefield is which is in midfield. Winning the midfield battle also means your defense is also more protected and don't have to work as hard throughout the game.

So yes fundamentals must be there from the get go but we must learn team defense and have strategies to compete first and foremost.

You cannot attack Argentina and play 4-2-4or even 4-4-2 you can play St kitts and play 4-2-4 from start to finish. We saw our massive deficiencies in copa games and we were able to mask those by playing 4-5-1 and pressing as a team, that should be fundamental and we should develop our style based on this strategy defense first with rapid counter through effective passing and dribbling, we cannot, will never play Brazilian style, which every yardman wants to do, you notice not event get brazilians can play that style anymore, we can't play Spain style as the technical requirements to develop that kind of player is beyond our commitment and maintenance level.

Discipline to formation wins battles and wars Everytime and we can see some of that now, that is where we must build our house on this rock of discipline to formation and hard nosed defense, anything else is just fantasy land, but many of us already live there as some would prefer to see some slow, pretty looking dribble, non defending players dominate the team and I cannot stand getting beating with every game so unnu fidget about pretty ball.

Comment

I know some said we were playing 4 -5 -1 in the Copa America...but often when I counted the players we were playing 2 banks of 4 and 2 up top...but those 2 often did great defensive work!!!

Comment

Sounds like 4-6, bottom line is a defensive formation and style will develop all jamaican players to develop a defensive mind which means survival and the ability to strike when an opportunity arises. A player without a defensive instinct I have absolutely no use for, that is a drain on any team.

Comment

Frankly, Stoni: I was elated thinking that Copa America defensive structure and effort foretold permanent base on which would be added attacking ball playing - that is, good movement & passing + goalscoring abilities.- attack.

The play in our last 3 matches suggests, once again I am doomed to heartbreak

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                  A player without a defensive instinct I have absolutely no use for, that is a drain on any team.
                  Stoni while this sounds reasonable on the surface...in practice it is an absolutism which is not a reasonable approach to football

Defensive instincts and abilities are great...and no doubt it is preferable for all players to be skilled in defense (and attack as well)

However players who can hold the ball in the opponents half (more especially the final third) tire opposing players with passing & movement..consistently threaten their goal...AND score consistently...they also play a de facto "defensive" role.
                  High level attackers like that, in my view, should definitely help out in defense...but they do not need to perform the hand to hand Mortal Kombat tactics you're enamored with. Their value is unique.

This is why the old adage has some truth: Attack CAN (sic) be the best form of defense

That aside JA doesn't have such players...suh Mortal Kombat tuh di Whirl!!!!!
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Yeah, some funny stuff. I am now official red pill club member and you cannot reverse your decision!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X