RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karl..it's not really FAST vs FOOLISH but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maestro has figured it out from long time!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
      I am not here to trumpet or downgrade any player...just pointing out the team's weakness
      I guess your point is, if I am against the arguement for a Hue and point out his deficiencies as I see them then I am downgrading the player.

All I can say is I look at our players - each of our players - and point out strengths and weaknesses. Hue I have agreed with and said is a player with vision and great passing range...but a speed merchant he is not. I do not believe he can serve us well at the levels we aim to attain. ...and I have certainly not made any bones about that belief.

In that same vein I have pointed to our lack of a quality striker...and suggested that if the technical staff decides to play 'one-short on defense' then he could be tried as 'striker'! (I have not been joking when I said that!)

Surely it must be easier for him to 'slide into space' in or around the penalty-area to receive the ball. He will not win us many high balls but he certainly hits the ball well...and he is a passer supreme. Passing into goal is merely holding one's nerve (acting with confidence) and applying that same passing skill.

I have questioned his work-rate both on attack and defense. His defenders can whine or encourage him to improve (put 'egg in my face').

[quote]
      Also if you think a situation where a team is playing at home and the opponent has 50% MORE possession is not an indicator of a structural weakness that must be addressed...well ...let's just agree to disagree... [quote]

Now why would you suggest that a GUNNERS fan, a lover of Bracelona...and before that Brazil and Cryuff of Holland's teams would not be into the possession game?

...but that has little to do with poor speed or lack of defense.
      You are wrong!!

It's the required skill set that's deficient
      Ofcourse!
      ...and pleeeeeeeeeeaseeee?!
      Winning the ball and retaining possession of same has a lot to do with "speed"!

Respek, boss!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        It look fast because there was a guy on the right on side with acres of space and Demar running back. Number 1 but that is because he had went through the middle he had support and some ball awareness, not because he was faster than anybody else.

When you give away the ball in transition a hell to run back. It better you kick it over the line. WE gave up too many balls in the offensive third so Panana had just to counter us, it is not just about speed and fitness.
        Assasin: Let us ignore Mosiah's claims on speed of attacks by the Panaminians and try to recall the facts (I still have not revisited the match):
        i) How many of the Panamanians attacks were 1 to 4 passes from defense to our final 3rd?

I remember many... a very many! (Well my memory could be faulty...but what do you remember?)

ii) How many of their attackes had them zipping around and zipping the ball around - wham-bam-wham-bam one or two touch passes?

What do you remember?

iii) Were they often running at us fast?

What do you remember?

--------

btw - They also had "fast feet" - (What did someone say - it is a matter of "agility" and not 'speed'?) -

How often did our player appear to have the ball under control (often our player shielding the ball') and a Panamanian played away the ball/sometimes the Panamanian even tried a shot? (Image our player had the ball and it is a Panamanian playing away the ball?????)
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Another misconception! Hue is the most harassed player in the NPL. He has had to compete against lightning fast defenders and opponents every day of his life! And every time, he passes with flying colours. So how come all of a sudden he can't deal with this speed? Speed over ground is speed over ground!

Why do I bother!
          Lightning fast?
          Like Shelton?
          ...who could do no more than beat his Panamanian marker perhaps twice in the game gone by? ...boss, there is 'speed' and there is 'speed'!

...even if there are fast players in the EPL the comparison is odious.

As we climb and meet higher and higher quality TEAMs...teams will have not 1 or 2 fast players as a NPL team may have...they will have many fast players. It is no different than in other areas - technical ability, tactical awareness...greater movement and higher numbers of passes attempted and completed...greater number of practiced reflex moves...greater ability to will body to act under physical duress - during tiredness-greater level of anaerobic activities...greater use of oxygen...controlled use of energy...the higher the level of play the greater the number of players in each team having great ability in multiple areas.

In this area using the NPL to compare is a joke!

Comment

The discussion is not about Hue imho...it's about the relative importance of foot speed.

Exceptional speed can be an important differentiator in players...but it is not required for a player to be great.

This is football...a thinking man's game ...this is not sprinting
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

It's a slow Saturday

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                The discussion is not about Hue imho...it's about the relative importance of foot speed.

Exceptional speed can be an important differentiator in players...but it is not required for a player to be great.

This is football...a thinking man's game ...this is not sprinting
                Just think on this - Of all players how many make it as professionals...then how many as top professionals...then TOP OF THE WORLD=the very best of those considered in 'best players' pool'?

Could it be...it just may be that those in the 'best players' pool' of professional footballers are fast?! ...very fast?

I keep remembering when I was on the line in a match were a local team played a Brazilian team national stadium -when one of our fast players was left standing by a then out of Brazil's team, Oscar - (in his prime one of Brazil's national team's slower players!).

Comment

The speed at which they come at Hue in the local league is several times the speed he faces in international matches. For one, Jamaica has the fastest players in the world, at least when it comes to speed over ground.

Second, Hue is double and triple teamed and marked locally. That does not happen internationally.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well wi wi si!
                    Trus mi Tappa a guh gi im a run!

Comment

Can't ignore anything. You spoke of speed and the modern game and said slow players can't make it in this modern game. What Panama did was effective and had nothing to do with personal speed.

What we had to do was the basic things as passing the ball properly, position right and make tackles.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Thank you!

Karl trying to feed us this crap that Panama were speed demons. Far from truth.

They walked with the ball in midfield!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Could it be...it just may be that those in the 'best players' pool' of professional footballers are fast?! ...very fast?
                          No...and you don't have to take my word on that. Stoni has taught us the value of measurement

I posted the list of the fastest players in the last WC....none is a top player

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            Can't ignore anything. You spoke of speed and the modern game and said slow players can't make it in this modern game. What Panama did was effective and had nothing to do with personal speed.

What we had to do was the basic things as passing the ball properly, position right and make tackles.
                            Sass: All I do is look at our players running besides and our players trying to catch Panamanians who incidentally are being impeded as they have a ball...and we often fail to catch up. If the Panamanians are slow....then we are slower.

Comment

Not true Karl. We alway had men behind the ball expect in the left wing back position where one of our fastest player was. The difference is Panama was connecting with their passes out of midfield.

Jermaine Johnson was the fastest player on the field with the ball in the second half. Also who is faster than Shelton. I guess when you don't have the ball, you not so fast .
                              Last edited by Assasin; March 24, 2013, 09:11 PM.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Shelton?
                                I think you need to take a look at Dunny's link with the game. Shelton was often OUT-RUN (Just in case you do not get it, opponent ran faster)!!

Comment

Working...
                                X