Aaaah Tilla? "Speed across ground!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaah Tilla? "Speed across ground!

There is a match being replayed on Bein - Brazil v Italy - that demonstrates the 'new reality' of speed at which the game is played at TOP OF THE WORLD level.

...I think we Jamaicans always aim to be among those 'Big Boys'. Fooling around with anything other than required strengths is a waste. Would not have gotten Usian Bolt and the our young age-group ISSA 2013 Champs stars to be the world beaters they are if they had remained in the past now seen as 'waltz'...imagine the 1960 Champs class 1 440 yards record of 50.1 secs...being pedestrian for our Class 2 boys? ...was there not a class 111 boy who ran 49.00 change some year past?

Yup! ...current top world football stars must be able to demonstrate tremendous 'speed over ground'. Am sure Sass must wonder on how teams can play this 'full press', 'high line' defense and most often match forwards in chase from the half-line to the top of the penalty area? A little guess says - ALL MUST BE FAST!!! [or all slow...or all 'not too bad' (need my LOL split sides rolling on the ground emoticon for these last 2 guesses!) ].

Marking out of the game - when entire side can rotate...and often do? ....when there are training gground built reflex movement and passes-passes and movement...when no defender can hope to meet a forward of any worth who does not provide unpredictability in how passes and runs are executed...where TEAM is paramont (A few players seem to excape with consistent silly play and still live in top clubs and national teams - prime examples, Theo Walcott (how this guy draws more attention than Aaron Lennon a far superior TEAM player amazes)...and the always silly Arjen Robben. These 2 can be rendered ineffective in certain matches --- as their brains are always asleep!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Theo Walcott (how this guy draws more attention than Aaron Lennon a far superior TEAM player amazes)...and the always silly Arjen Robben. These 2 can be rendered ineffective in certain matches --- as their brains are always asleep!!!

You notice all a these full a speed, good going forward but couldn't win a ball for crying out loud. Something have to be said about the art of winning balls, so often you see those speedsters running back and giving the simpliest of penalty when they try to defend.

Look at Samba, they may light him up with speed but he contribute on the offensive end but is back to defend, so too Vidic, does that not make them modern players? and don't tell me they are fast players.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Gareth Bale at the top of his form is a player who have everything, speed, attacking power, ability to read the game and can defend very well.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        Gareth Bale at the top of his form is a player who have everything, speed, attacking power, ability to read the game and can defend very well.
        Ditto!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          Theo Walcott (how this guy draws more attention than Aaron Lennon a far superior TEAM player amazes)...and the always silly Arjen Robben. These 2 can be rendered ineffective in certain matches --- as their brains are always asleep!!!

You notice all a these full a speed, good going forward but couldn't win a ball for crying out loud. Something have to be said about the art of winning balls, so often you see those speedsters running back and giving the simpliest of penalty when they try to defend.

Look at Samba, they may light him up with speed but he contribute on the offensive end but is back to defend, so too Vidic, does that not make them modern players? and don't tell me they are fast players.
          Fast is relative!
          Relative to Jerry Hue?
          Relative to Bolt?

...they are when put against any of our players...national senior players...very fast!

Now...at the top of the world?
          Samba is a liability!!! FULL STOP!!!

Vidic is ordinary! ...just one among many who cannot be considered in any discussion on 'best in the world' in his category!

Comment

"Samba is a liability!!! FULL STOP!!! "

Why would you say that???

Comment

At the TOP can be worked around easily. ...not as quick to react as needed. He is good at attacking high balls when he has not far to move. He is strong. Passes fairly well - both feet and head. ...but not nearly as quick enough both in thinking (that shows in the amount of suuport he provides on defense and on attack) and action.

if we use the just concluded Italy v Brazil game and pay close attention to the 4 cnter-back you will understand. They each prove unceasing support to the man on the ball in this very fast paced game...and their passing and movement is superb. ...recovery is swift! ...providing that alternate passing option is consistent -always make selves an option...it is fast, good TEAM non-stop working!

Never seen Samba move at such speed...provide such support...and with/employ that range of passing shown by these 4 players. ...or even have/provide the passing accuracy of these players.

TOP OF THE WORLD requires top play throughout entire match - FULL 100 brilliance!

Comment

Taller players cover more ground by default with a few steps. Football is not all about speed, it is about been at the right place at the right time therefore you don't have to run always have to be running around. Look at the header Samba took and the kick last week which were two manificent saves by the goalie and tell me he needed to do more running.

Last week he was able to keep Benteke quiet for most of the game and Benteke is no slow couch. Speed is relative

Comment

Working...
                X