X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul....Ferraud lick out against di youth coach ,No Plan B

Brendan Rodgers must find a ‘Plan B’ at Liverpool

By Ben Twelves on March 20, 2013

In a recent interview captain Steven Gerrard revealed a lack of plan B at Liverpool under Brendan Rodgers, Ben Twelves explains why he thinks one is needed for the team to progress.

The 3-1 defeat to Southampton left supporters extremely disappointed, especially after the recent run of four straight wins in all competitions. But not for the first time this season, a lack of consistency has haunted us again, at a time that we looked at our most improved and progressive.
    The loss was our ninth in the League and even though Brendan Rodgers has gone some way to addressing the issues at the top end of the pitch, a midfield enforcer and more importantly defensive reinforcements must be the priority in the summer transfer window. However, even with new players, the style of play will remain the same and any incoming signing will be extensively scrutinised to ensure he can play in the ‘system’.
    Rodgers’ style of play is a football purist one that’s liked by many, including me, and when executed correctly it can produce great footballing performances in which the opposition are completely out-played. This hasn’t happened enough this season, perhaps understandably as the players still try to adapt, but one problem with Rodgers’ system, is that the style of play isn’t flexible and therefore when things aren’t quite working out, a ‘Plan B’ is essential.
    The one dimensional style seems to be something that is very much on the players’ minds also. In a recent interview with FourFourTwo magazine, captain Steven Gerrard revealed that there is a shortage of a Plan B from Rodgers, who would rather the team continue to improve on Plan A, than change style:
    “Brendan has his ideals about how the game should be played, but if that’s not working, he doesn’t suggest an alternative strategy. He wants us to improve that way, rather than look for a Plan B or Plan C.”
    Options Going Forward
    With the defensive fragility becoming a major area that needs addressing this summer, adding alternative attacking options isn’t likely to be Rodgers main priority this summer.However we do have options ready at our disposal.
    Academy striker Michael Ngoo, who is currently on loan at Hearts, said in an interview last week with The Daily Record</EM>, that he hopes that with his “height and strength” he could be Rodgers’ back-up option going forward, should the manager look for a more physical style player.
    Could academy forward Michael Ngoo be an alternative attacking option?

Another option is of course Andy Carroll, who Rodgers shipped out before the season had even really begun and certainly before Carroll had time to show what he could offer in the new style of play. With reports suggesting that it’s increasingly unlikely that the Geordie front-man will turn his stay at West Ham into a permanent one, it would make sense, seeing as he is still our player, to utilise him as he, like Ngoo, would offer another dimension.
    By “another dimension”, I don’t mean anti-football, hopeful long balls to Carroll or Ngoo, that isn’t Liverpool. While you can continue to build from the back and play through midfield, having an option like these, means you can put the ball into danger areas earlier without having to rely on carving the opposition open.
    There would still be space to have Luis Suarez, Phillipe Coutinho and the like with their creativity and technical ability in a 4-2-3-1 formation for example. But having this option would provide the team with a different outlet and alternative in games where we haven’t been able to make a breakthrough with the preferred tactics.
    The current footballing philosophy is an ‘easy on the eye’ style that many supporters want to be associated with Liverpool Football Club. But a winning mentality won’t be instilled until we piece together a fall back option for those days where it just doesn’t quite work. Unless that happens, it will be the inconsistent results from relying on one style and a lack of a Plan B that will stop us from moving forward.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

What more proof do you want/need to prove dis bredda nuh ready , im nuh ave di troops behind him .The first article dealt with failure to learn from mistakes , this article deals with failure to adjust (subs) in games, if you put the two together it means he has no tactical acumem, he cant set up his side or make adjustments (tactical subs) to his side , coming from the fraud himself , why is the media so quiet.

If you are hoping BR learns on the job to grow into this job, hope for me to win the Lotto , or Rafa to come back...lol.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Dunny seriously whey dem find dis bredda , from under which rock ? unnuh rate dis clown , my laaawd .

Comment

You are in a league of your own X...how do you read this: "Brendan has his ideals about how the game should be played, but if that’s not working, he doesn’t suggest an alternative strategy. He wants us to improve that way, rather than look for a Plan B or Plan C.” as Gerrard "licking out" at Rodgers? Have you ever considered that Rodgers would rather develop his Plan A program to the highest possible level first (which may take all season) before introducing alternative game plans? And even if that is not the case, why don't you just leave the man alone until his time comes to an end? How is all this anti-BR helping? I fear you are putting yourself in the same class as the misguided "anti-Rafa" crowd at Chelski.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Yuh good bwoyyy , his plan is so great that it may take all season , why not 2, 3 seasons , a senior C.L player questioning why no alternative , yuh dismiss his critique ?.... for any player to question a coaches method especially it as having no alternative , rigid ! is typically the sign of a death knell ! but only you can dismiss, pity it wasnt Rafa , being questioned by Lamps or Terry , you would personally ring that bell.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
            Yuh good bwoyyy , his plan is so great that it may take all season , why not 2, 3 seasons , a senior C.L player questioning why no alternative , yuh dismiss his critique ?.... for any player to question a coaches method especially it as having no alternative , rigid ! is typically the sign of a death knell ! but only you can dismiss, pity it wasnt Rafa , being questioned by Lamps or Terry , you would personally ring that bell.
            X, do you realise that Rafa is not the solution to every problem at Liverpool? Like I said, why you don't focus on supporting the team instead of trying to tear it down? FSG own the club, if they want to keep him, what are you and I going to do about it? Buy it from them? You might be able to do that, but I can't. Until I see BR running the club into the ground, I will support him. I can't see how you can do anything different considering the man has had to clean up KD's collossally stupid expenditure of £80m. If you want to blame anybody, blame KD for wasting that money and FSG for letting him do it. I will never forget seeing Jay Spearing in the starting line up at Wembley after me spend big money to go to England to watch the game live; me did want fi tear up the r***** place. BR has to be given time to clean up KD's mess; as for Rafa, he needs to find a club of his own...and that ain't Liverpool.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Critiquing the obvious is tearing down the club ? even the Ferraud said same , is he tearing down the club ? You will support him like you did Hodgson, incidentally none of them brought us anything ,but severe depression, at least that 80 million that yuh cuss ,brought us to two finals , one being a winning cup, you will wait long and hard to spend your hard earned money to watch Pool play in any final under B.R, give thanks to K.D for giving you an excuse for your last trip to a cup final , remeber he spent 80 million for that.

Rafa shadow will only grow larger over pool as long as BR stays at pool.You seem to support the negative types that gaurantee us relegation and midtable status , I fear you are a closeted Aston Villa man or worse yet a Man U supporter.......sorry I had to stoop so low.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                Critiquing the obvious is tearing down the club ? even the Ferraud said same , is he tearing down the club ? You will support him like you did Hodgson, incidentally none of them brought us anything ,but severe depression, at least that 80 million that yuh cuss ,brought us to two finals , one being a winning cup, you will wait long and hard to spend your hard earned money to watch Pool play in any final under B.R, give thanks to K.D for giving you an excuse for your last trip to a cup final , remeber he spent 80 million for that.

Rafa shadow will only grow larger over pool as long as BR stays at pool.You seem to support the negative types that gaurantee us relegation and midtable status , I fear you are a closeted Aston Villa man or worse yet a Man U supporter.......sorry I had to stoop so low.
                That was low. But mi back broad. Anyway, if you believe £80m was spent to get two cup finals then you don't have no idea about football. KD was supposed to get us back to the UCL. BR is young, learning (I hope) and on a track. If he doesn't achieve the objectives the FSG owners set out, then fine, let him go. Until then, supporting him is all we can do as we can't change managers (unless you is the one running FSG). Hug it up.

Comment

Working...
                X