Training report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training report

Went to see the team train today at the National Stadium. Hard to tell who the heck I was looking at with so many new, brown faces!

Here are some observations:
    1. Jermaine Beckford looked good in the scrimmage, making some good passes along the ground to his teammates. His movement was good. Can't remember him getting any shots off until the team did a drill after the scrimmage. Nothing particularly special there. Has good heading technique. Felt the need to congratulate any teammate who did something good, a pass, a shot, he was always applauding or thumbs up. Might be his personality of a special effort to endear himself to the players from the get-go.
    2. Marvin Elliott packs a blow-wow shot from distance that cuts grass all the way through.
    3. Ryan Johnson must learn to finish during training. Missed too many this afternoon.
    4. Alvas was playing in his familiar defence position, but why is LA Reid playing left back?!?
    5. Jermaine Hue still the best at starting an offensive move. However, did not link up well with some teammates who were not able to read his passes.

The players generally looked decent in the scrimmage.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Went to see the team train today at the National Stadium. Hard to tell who the heck I was looking at with so many new, brown faces!
    LOL
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

So Siah, you have a problem with Brown skin?

Comment

Huh?!

Yuh know mi? A brown man dem call mi.

What in my statement suggests I have a problem with brown faces?!? I'm stating a fact. And in case yuh neva know, Jermaine Hue is brown.

Many of the fans watching last evening did not know the players. I hope their jerseys have their names on them on Friday so wi can refer to them by name instead of, what a rath goal No. 12 score! No man, a di pass No. 2 gi him, a dat mek di goal!

A will say this though, all brown people look alike!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Huh?!

Yuh know mi? A brown man dem call mi.

What in my statement suggests I have a problem with brown faces?!? I'm stating a fact. And in case yuh neva know, Jermaine Hue is brown.

Many of the fans watching last evening did not know the players. I hope their jerseys have their names on them on Friday so wi can refer to them by name instead of, what a rath goal No. 12 score! No man, a di pass No. 2 gi him, a dat mek di goal!

wooiieee
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I have a hard time knowing the difference between McAnuff and Marriappa.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Well, throw in Beckford, Elliott and Gareth McCleary!

Only Lloyd Doyley easy to recognise. He's built like a short oak tree and talks with a serious lisp. And him not brown!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

you a fi go introduce him to some serious bleaching downtown. LOL.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

And then there was Jermaine Johnson.

At one point during the scrimmage, after one of JJ's signature runs that ended nowhere, Tappa stopped the game and spoke to him. Not sure you will see him start on Friday. After all these years...

Dunny, what do you think of Doyley, in terms of speed, technical ability and overall ability?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

How Mattocks look ?!

Comment

Will be interesting to hear Dunny's thoughts on LLoyd.

I think once people do not expect any more than a Frank Sinclair stay at home tackler who knows his limitations, they will become accepting. If them looking for Cafu, is worries Friday night in the stadium . LOL

Comment

As long as he doesn't score on his own goalie(As Frank have a habit of doing)
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I have high expectations !

<Former manager Aidy Boothroyd referred to Doyley as 'The Black Zidane' and 'The Salmon' due to his fish like appearance.[3] Fans regularly refer to Doyley as 'Lloydinho'.[4] Both nicknames are based on players Ronaldinho & Zinedine Zidane, both famed for being greats of the sport.>

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                            How Mattocks look ?!
                            LOL.

Comment

Mi hope is not too many of you inna stadium read the same story. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X