Great game btw the Blues and Manu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great game btw the Blues and Manu

The second half completely dominated by Chelsea. However, the game poorly broadcast by Ian Wright's cockney diction. His analysis was ok but he completely batched the poor Queen's "English".
    Peter R I think Gus Johnson getting better as a football play by play caller.
    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Johnson is improving rapidly. For real, Ian Wright wasn't playing with the cockney. Pure "road talk"

Comment

Is he of Jamaican parentage? I heard some yardie inflections there.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
        Johnson is improving rapidly. For real, Ian Wright wasn't playing with the cockney. Pure "road talk"
        Y'all must be hearing a different Gus Johnson than me. He still sucks and is not improving to my mind. He still has a long way to go just reading little things in the game that make all the difference. For example, there was a time in the second half where Chelsea got a throw in near there own corner flag...he was unsure if it was a corner or a throw in and had an uncomfortable pause in the commentary; just by the linesman's position he should have known. Anyway, we're stuck with him but I think that they need a commentator who at least understands the game FFS. Wright was good for me - I had no problem with him. He admitted his mistakes and probably the best part - called out the Chelsea fans on their stupidity in attacking Rafa and gave proper props to Rafa. He was spot on on that front.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
        X