• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronaldo signs new deal at Man Utd

Last Updated: Friday, 13 April 2007, 09:42 GMT 10:42 UK
    E-mail this to a friend Printable version
    Ronaldo signs new deal at Man Utd

Ronaldo has admitted he would like to play in Spain one day

Cristiano Ronaldo has signed a new five-year contract with Premiership leaders Manchester United.
    The 22-year-old Portuguese winger has ended speculation over his future after being linked with a move to Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona.
    "I am delighted. I spoke with Sir Alex Ferguson about my future and everyone knew that I wanted to stay," he said.
    "I am very happy at the club and I want to win trophies and hopefully we will do that this season."
    United boss Ferguson added: "It is fantastic news, it emphasises the point that Cristiano is happy here and that he is at the right club.
    606: DEBATE

I'm extremely pleased to see he is staying in the Premiership. He is one of the most exciting players I have ever seen

MJ

"He has a great relationship with the team, staff and the fans and he will go on to be one of Manchester United's great players."
    Ronaldo has been in scintillating form for United this season as they aim to win the treble of the Champions League, the Premiership and the FA Cup.
    He is also the favourite to win the PFA Player of the Year award.
    Ronaldo joined United from Sporting Lisbon for £12m in August 2003, on a five-year contract which he extended by a further two years in November 2005. He was strongly linked with a move following the World Cup, where he was involved in controversy with his involvement in Wayne Rooney's sending-off in Portugal's quarter-final win over England. But Ronaldo has returned to England to lead United's charge on the treble.

The boy have sense. Why leave the best team in the world for a dying Real Madrid?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

.bwoy? Dem im did affi lie? or, im figet di GUNNERS deh bout

Delighted Ronaldo Explains Red Devil Decision

Portuguese international number 17 and Manchester United number 7 Cristiano Ronaldo explained the factors behind his choice to sign a new five-year deal at Manchester United, rather than listening to the increasing crescendo of sirens from abroad.

The new deal will see him at Old Trafford until 2012, putting a bolt-gun to the head of months of increasingly frothy speculation linking him to Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona as well as Inter Milan.

“Everything is sorted,” Ronaldo beamed. “I want to stay and I think I’m at the right club. This is why I signed in the first place and the big reason is to win trophies.”

“Of course the club, the boss, the staff, everything is great and I’m happy at the club. The supporters have also helped me so much,” added the smiling wingman.

When asked what made it the right club for his future he was quick off the mark. “Everything. I am happy here with my colleagues, my friends and my Coaches and have improved a lot here because I arrived here young, at 18 years old.”

“I think I have learned so much and I still can learn. Everyone has helped me. I am in a good moment and I want to keep going like that and I can’t think of a better place to be”, he explained to Portugal’s Golorama.

Both Barcelona and Real Madrid had unveiled interest the 22 year-old, but the player says he always turned a deaf ear. “I never really thought about it. I spoke with David Gill (United chief executive), my agent and with the gaffer. We spoke about the contract every week.”

“The media speak about what they want, this is normal. But the boss knew because I told him every time that I wanted to stay here. Now we’ve finished the deal and I want to stay because this is the best club in the world any player could dream of.”

---- "...this is the best club in the world any player could dream of"? A wah duh im doah?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
      X