How do you stop him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you stop him?

I also remember Lee Dixon saying to me afterwards that I should have shown Ronaldo down the line instead of letting him come inside. I just laughed and said: "How on earth are you supposed to stop the best player in the world from going where he wants?!" (Graeme Murty, Cristiano Ronaldo - how do you stop him?)

Another quote:

Our manager Steve Coppell got us to play an unusual style, man-marking their attacking players all over the pitch. The idea was that our defenders purely focussed on getting tight to them and disrupting their first touch, with a couple of spare players to provide cover. It was probably the toughest game I ever played, both physically and in terms of the level of concentration required throughout the 90 minutes.
    Even though we played very diligently as a team and were delighted to keep a clean sheet, we still couldn't stop Ronaldo completely and were fortunate that our goalkeeper Marcus Hahnemann was in good form.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Best Player in the World ??

Look like him confuse.. him nevah face Messi dah day deh...

Comment

Working...
    X