Two-Goal Hero Anderson Counters Indiscipline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two-Goal Hero Anderson Counters Indiscipline

'My Desire To Win Is Strong' - Two-Goal Hero Anderson Counters Indiscipline Tag After Being Subbed Against Cavalier
    Published: Saturday | March 2, 2013 1 Comment

Waterhouse's Jermaine Anderson - Ian Allen/Photographer
    Marc Stamp, Gleaner Writer

JERMAINE 'Tuffy' Anderson hit a brace in Waterhouse Football Club's 2-0 win against Cavalier in the Red Stripe Premier League (RSPL) football competition, pushing his scoring tally to a season-leading 12 goals.

Anderson netted a volley kick in the 25th minute and sealed the victory with a header past Cavalier's outstanding goalkeeper, Gariece McPherson, in the 25th minute at Waterhouse Stadium in Drewsland on Thursday.

The win pushed Waterhouse to 40 points and into fifth position, 15 adrift leaders Harbour View FC.

Although Anderson scored both goals to pilot his team to a well-deserved victory, he was substituted late in the game because of disciplinary reasons.

"We are working but they need to have a little more discipline on the field," Waterhouse coach, Anthony Patrick, told The Gleaner at game's end.

NEED TO BE CALM

"They are getting across each other. They need to be calm with each other. That is what we need to break out of them. This has been going on from season, so we want to break it out of them," disclosed Patrick, who took over from the sacked Donovan Duckie in February.

With regard to pulling out Anderson, Patrick said: "He (Anderson) was getting kind of indisciplined on the field by giving away the ball, not doing his work and arguing with teammates) out there."

Anderson, in response, said: "It is not that I am indisciplined in any game. It's that more time as a captain you have to can talk to other players. As the whole world saw we dash away a game against Portmore, so I didn't come here tonight (Thursday) to dash it away again. I suppose to can talk, but if when I talk and they don't like it a suh. Mi feel that I am out on the field doing my work, so I can talk."

He added: "My desire to win is strong. I am not saying any disrespectful things, just saying to them that we need to do the right things tonight. I am not the fault right now," Anderson strongly claimed.

AIM TO KEEP TEAM ON TOP

With regard to his scoring, Anderson said: "My aim is to score and try to get my team in the top two. I didn't like the position the team is in, so I want to get them up there. We still have a chance to go at the leaders. We have to maintain our cool and try to win each game. We have another home game coming up (next Monday against Savannah)."

Despite being the leading goalscorer in the nation, Anderson expressed disappointment with the league.

"I feel good to know that I am leading, but it is nothing hard. I just tell myself that I can go out there each day and score goals. My aim is to see if I can score at least 22 goals this season as we have 13 games remaining," Anderson pointed out.

"I am in good condition right now and ready for anything. There are a lot of youths out there and you have a 33-year-old and a 36-year-old as the top two strikers; that shows that the competition is low because they are talking about youths, but we not seeing any youth a step up to the plate.

"The goalscoring in the league is low as you can have 'Tuffy' and Kirk Ramsay (Arnett Garden's captain) a score goals. My aim is to score goals and try to get (another) shot at the national senior team. I still think I can score goals for the national team. They gave me a chance (in the Digicel Caribbean Championships) and I didn't get a chance to score goals," he stated.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Anderson netted a volley kick in the 25th minute...
    A volley kick?!? More like a brilliant overhead bicycle kick!

Tuffy is probably the hottest player in the RSPL right now, maybe even more than Maestro! That takes some doing!

So, the hottest players in the NPL are >33 years old!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

As i said to you earlier this year, the league really isn't much better than i was a decade ago.

Comment

Talking about Maestro, I was speaking with a friend of mine who is a sportsman and who lives in Jamaica and follows football. I was telling him about my discussion with Karl on the forum how Karl don't think Hue should be in the Reggae Boyz side. I told him of my position and he is totally in support of Karl's position. He said that while Hue is skilful and is good in dead ball situation for HV in the RSPL, he thinks the level of play in terms of speed of the current squad is beyond Hue's capability and if we were to inject him in the squad at this time, he would upset the rhythm. Said Hue is just not fast enough in his play and his thinking and would be a liability. He actually put me in my place and ask if I am mad to make such a suggestion.

So I guess I have to give in since all these folks who see and know of Hue's game seem to come away with the same feeling. Karl and Stoni (and Jawge), I am not going to push this one anymore. Maybe I need to watch more of Hue in different game settings to be able to have an informed opinion on the matter.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I could respond and trash your friend's opinion but can't bother.

I'll say this - you notice when Maestro plays and dun di place how there is no room on the bandwagon? When he doesn't play, how quickly we tumble off said bandwagon!

Maestro is 34 and can't play forever. Time we find someone even close to his abilities.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Haven't we heard that before? The fact is Tappa will not start Hue until he is in trouble. If we have a smooth ride Hue will not see much game but if we lose like 2 or 3 games then them a go call fi Hue and Mattocks fi start.

Hue is competent enough and don't have to break any riddim. All him have to do is pass the ball accurately. Hue don't hold the ball a lot instead bring other players in the game.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sass, di man mek me feel like a football ignoramus to even suggest having Hue in the midfield. Anyway, I echo your sentiments on Hue.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Thanks, Sass, but low dem mek dem talk dem nonsense.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                X