Ok Liverpool, can we save some of those

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok Liverpool, can we save some of those

goals for the top ten?? just a minor request. Thanks.

Paul M. I still see some lack of communication at the back... couple of occasions in the first half.

Alright, at 4-0 I assume it is safe for me to switch to the cricket station? Thanks. I will be checking on the match over the next 35 minutes..
    Peter R

Saurez just declared himself as the best striker in the Prem ! Can we hold onto him ?
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I am no expert but to repeat what those who follow closely say, the answer is NO! unless whoever the powers that be are, decide they are really serious about getting some silverware or at worst, get into the CL... which we know will not happen this year...BUT it could if the team begins a consistent run of wins in the last quarter.

I do not have the analytical mind regarding football that you and Paul M have, for examples, so I do not have much to say about Rodgers' role in all of this.... but I do wonder about what is happening with Sterling and the play at the back... we winning today but I saw a couple mistakes at the back that shouldn't have been at this level.

Anyway, I (like the true fictitious Jamaican) am watching cricket on the other channel, I just flipped and I see it's still 4-0 with about 20 mins to go... good going. We need to keep the consistency in performance going.
      Peter R

Comment

72' Liverpool's fans chant in support of Rafa Benitez, who is having a tough time of things you may have heard.ugh time of things you may have heard.

I think FSG will stick with BR and Saurez and others will leave,then next season the fans will revolt.It is because of Saurez why we are so high in the table,and this set up cant keep him.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
          Saurez just declared himself as the best striker in the Prem ! Can we hold onto him ?
          We ? as in who ?
          Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
            I am no expert but to repeat what those who follow closely say, the answer is NO! unless whoever the powers that be are, decide they are really serious about getting some silverware or at worst, get into the CL... which we know will not happen this year...BUT it could if the team begins a consistent run of wins in the last quarter.

I do not have the analytical mind regarding football that you and Paul M have, for examples, so I do not have much to say about Rodgers' role in all of this.... but I do wonder about what is happening with Sterling and the play at the back... we winning today but I saw a couple mistakes at the back that shouldn't have been at this level.

Anyway, I (like the true fictitious Jamaican) am watching cricket on the other channel, I just flipped and I see it's still 4-0 with about 20 mins to go... good going. We need to keep the consistency in performance going.
            Peter, not entering the UCL and having Suarez be the prized asset he has become (more so since coming to Anfield by the way) plays to the business appetite of FSG. If Bayern, Barca or RM step up, bye bye Suarez, but I don't see him moving to an English club (he remembers what happened to Torres) and I don't see FSG being enticed by the £40m either, but if the striker decides to leave, £40m would certainly be a nice cash infusion into the club.

Now if FSG is playing this for the long term, they should double down on BR and give him more assets to support Suarez (and deal with the inevitable decline of Gerrard head on). Despite X's rants, the club is far better than their record would have one believe. Two daft defensive mistakes against City resulted in 4 dropped points, and a refereeing error at Everton ruled out a perfectly good goal by Suarez to drop another 2. Those added 6 points would put us today at 48 one above Arsenal and 3 behind Spurs. The players know this. The addition of Sturridge and Coutinho also has to be encouraging to Suarez. My *guess* is he will stay. I *think* that Suarez has within him a deep desire to have a team that he can call his "own" (like Messi@Barca, Ronaldo@RM, Rooney@Manu**).

This brings me to UCL qualification. If you look at the remaining 11 fixtures, Liverpool play 3 of the teams above them - all at home. Chelsea, Spurs and Everton all have to come to Anfield. The remaining 7 are against Southampton, Villa, WHU, Reading, NU, Fulham and QPR.

Contrast this to:

Arsenal. They have to play Spurs(A), Everton, Swansea(A), WBA(A), Manu(A) as well as Reading, Norwich, Fulham, QPR (A), Wigan and NU(A). Four of these are London derbies, which make them even tougher.

Spurs. Arsenal, Liverpool(A), Swansea (A), Everton, Chelsea(A), City, are all on the fixture list, rounded out by Fulham, Wigan, Stoke and Sunderland.

Chelsea. Spurs, Liverpool(A), Swansea, Manu**(A), Everton - plus Fulham, WHU, Southampton, Sunderland and Villa.

And finally, Everton. They have City, Spurs (A), Liverpool (A) and Chelsea (A) as their tough fixtures with Stoke, QPR, Sunderland(A), Fulham and WHU rounding things out.

Of these, I would argue that Liverpool have the "easiest" fixture list. If we can beat Everton and hope that Spurs, Chelsea or Arsenal stumble down the stretch, (first of all beating all of Chelsea, Spurs and Everton), then we can be optimistic as we have been in fine scoring form...but there is that small issue of the defense. I will give you a prediction after tomorrow's game (Arsenal/Spurs) as to where we will finish.

YNWA
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Twan, can a tiger change its stripes?
              Peter R

Comment

I like the addition of Coutinho... at least from what I saw in today's match. Good eye, set up two of the three goals I saw in the first half. Didn't see the fourth goal.
                Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                  I like the addition of Coutinho... at least from what I saw in today's match. Good eye, set up two of the three goals I saw in the first half. Didn't see the fourth goal.
                  With nothing but the league to focus on, BR has to focus on getting Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez on the pitch working together. Look for a left and centerback signing in the summer.
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

72' Liverpool's fans chant in support of Rafa Benitez, who is having a tough time of things you may have heard.ugh time of things you may have heard.

I think FSG will stick with BR and Saurez and others will leave,then next season the fans will revolt.It is because of Saurez why we are so high in the table,and this set up cant keep him.
                    X - "others will leave" is no big issue, but I don't think we will see Suarez leave. As for Rafa, while we can expect to hear them chant for Rafa at Anfield, that is more out of respect for the man (and disdain for Chelsea) than it will be for them wanting Rafa back. Everyone respects him at Liverpool, few want him back. And by the way...Chelsea may well have fallen out of the top 4 by then.

YNWA

Comment

Everyone respects him at Liverpool, few want him back, Wha Rafa duh yuh suh ? Its only one man that will be accepted with open arms back at pool besides KD and thats Rafa.

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
                        We ? as in who ?
                        Good question Twan. X suppose to support 19 EPL teams already this season. Jangle, me a beg yuh WARN DEM .... we doan want dem round here.
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Everyone respects him at Liverpool, few want him back, Wha Rafa duh yuh suh ? Its only one man that will be accepted with open arms back at pool besides KD and thats Rafa.
                          X, you are smoking weed. Both KD and Rafa would NOT be accepted back to manage the team by the majority of the fan base. Everyone knows that. They will forever be respected by every Liverpool fan however, but it is patently obvious to anyone with a football brain - and Liverpool fans are the best among them - that Rafa and KD are past their "sell by" dates. Forward ever, backward never.

Comment

Well, here is a different view on that. 5 Reasons Why Van Persie Is Better Than Luis Suarez
                            Read more at http://whatculture.com/sport/man-utd...3gb1q8eI8p0.99
                            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

ouch ,maybe KD because of obvious ageism issue , but RAFA presence speaks for itself

Comment

Working...
                              X