X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U-20s seek strategic win in World Cup play-offs

U-20s seek strategic win in World Cup play-offs

Target: Panama
    HOWARD WALKER with the U-20 REGGAE BOYZ @ THE CONCACAF WORLD CUP PLAY-OFFS IN MEXICO

Saturday, February 23, 2013

PUEBLA, Mexico — Jamaica Under-20 footballers having secured a spot into the quarter-final, turn their attention to beating Panama today in their Group C CONCACAF Championship top-of-the-table clash at the Estadio Cuauhtémoc, starting at 4:30 pm Jamaican time.

Both Jamaica and Panama are on three points after defeating Puerto Rico 4-1 and 4-0, respectively, in the three-team group and both will be aiming to secure top spot in order to play the second-placed team from Group D, which could likely be El Salvador, who eliminated Curacao 2-1.

Perennial powerhouse Mexico, who whipped Curacao 3-0, are expected to top Group D and will play the second-placed team from Group C for a spot in the FIFA World Cup set for Turkey between June 21-July 13.

For a smoother path on the onward journey, it would suit the Jamaicans to avoid Mexico, therefore they must beat Panama and top the group and place their fate in their own hands.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz2LgaaecsT

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Basically our World Cup hopes lie in this game.. exciting !!

I was reading the report on the Panama - Puerto Rico game..

1 love until the 84th minute.. then 3 goals in 6 minutes... ?!!

Dat sound suspicious.....

Comment

WC '78 - Argentina needed to defeat Peru (who had a good team) by 6 clear goals to block Brazil (who outplayed Argentina earlier and should have won) and advance.........result: Argentina 6 Peru 0

Comment

T&T had FIVE goals disallowed against Haiti in qualifying for the 92 WC.. and lost 2-1. Haiti went on to participate in the WC and embarrassed the region.

...and if y'all don't believe that that continues today...well...
        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
          T&T had FIVE goals disallowed against Haiti in qualifying for the 92 WC..
          Where the 92 World Cup did keep?

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
            Where the 92 World Cup did keep?
            Port of Spain
            Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

That was the result that prompted FIFA to play games simultaneously in the knock out rounds. Argentina knew prior to kickoff they needed 6 clear goals to advance. If I am not mistaken was the Kempes world cup
              Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
              Mitty

Comment

Yes, it was Kempes' WC.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

no, it was the the austria germany game in '82 (or was it '86) .... germany needed to win 1-0 for both to make it through

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                  X