Sold Out!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold Out!!!

U.S. MNT Sells Out Dick's Sporting Goods Park for FIFA World Cup Qualifier against Costa Rica on March 22

Tickets Sold Out on First Day of Public Sale; Limited Tickets Remain Through Ultimate Fan Ticket and Travel Package

Feb. 19, 2013

© John Dorton/isiphotos.com
    IN THE IMAGE: The U.S. MNT will play in front of a sellout crowd at Dick's Sporting Goods Park on March 22 in 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying.

CHICAGO (Feb. 19, 2013) – A sellout crowd will witness the USA’s first home match in the final round of 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifying when they host Costa Rica on March 22 at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City, Colo. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m. MT, and the
    match will be broadcast live on ESPN, WatchESPN and UniMas. Fans can also follow the match live on ussoccer.com’s MatchTracker and on Twitter @ussoccer.

Following an advance sale for U.S. Soccer Supporters Club members, Colorado Rapids season ticket holders and Visa cardholders, tickets on sale to the general public sold out within one hour.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Well? ...did you secure your tickets?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Darn good question King Karl!!

Tried without success getting it through the US Soccer Website. Will be getting it through the jacked-up price system ~~groan~~

HL

Comment

Yeah.. did you secure your ticket?...

It certainly isn't about money as I think US would sell out a stadium 3 times that capacity based on that report... I wish we had that luxury of playing anywhere we wanted to secure the best home advantage...

The weather prediction is this based on past observation.. http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/80022?month=1

Based on the 8 pm start time the temp should be, in my estimation, in the 30s F... chilly... more suited of course to the USA than CR...

Anyway, the field is wide open at this point and there for the taking for anyone in the hex...
        Peter R

Comment

That's the point I made to the 'secretary' earlier today.

I could not understand why they choose the Columbus Crew Stadium max capacity 18500 and now Dick Sporting Goods Stadium (same capacity) to have this match. They are looking for US fan support--not money!!

This game as you correctly noted--could be held at a venue 3X the current capacity.

As to you question PR, I booked my flight 2 weeks ago--so I am looking at over-priced tickets...or at worst get it from scalpers on game day.

HL

Comment

Ouch! Hope you get a ticket without brukkin yuh pocket... anyway, I hear that Commerce City is lovely this time of the year ... you could always zip over to Aspen for a schuss down one of them slopes if you don't get through...
            Peter R

Comment

True, they are not concerned with money like us, but looked for a stadium that would generate the greatest fan support.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Here is what i think is going on.

Tickets for the game can be purchased from Ticket Brokerage Businesses like StubHub...and several similar outlets. You pay >200% over the advertised prices placed by US Soccer.com

I think US Soccer.com (or the agency responsible for tickets) sell a small % of tickets. They then announce that they are sold out!!. This to create a frenzy of demand.

US Soccer make the major portion of tickets available to these Brokerage Agencies for a big profit. These agencies are free to mark-up due to demand.

[NOTE: There are also people who may or may not be interested in the game who purchase the maximum amount of tickets. These folks sell and double their purchase price to the broker].

I just purchased my ticket at > 200% of the price set by US Soccer.com.

For those who are planning to attend the US v. Jamaica game in October, be very savvy about getting your tickets at a reasonable price. Ideally from the Jamaican allotment or from the ticket origin.

Oh, and Paul Marin, tickets are being sold for over $600.00 for this US v. C. Rica game. It makes the increase that Cap'n Burrell announced prices look tame.

HL

Comment

Working...
                X