Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Gordon Earns Penalty, Karlsruhe Wins

http://www.swr.de/sport-am-samstag/-...z9r/index.html

Daniel Gordon's Karlsruhe beat Borussia Dortmund II 1-0 to remain in third place in Liga 3. Daniel drew the penalty which led to the only goal of the match.

In the first minute, Daniel, who goes forward on offensive set pieces, was shoved down in the box from behind while attempting a header on a free kick. The referee awarded Karlsruhe a penalty kick, which was converted.

For a second there, I thought you were saying Borussia Dortmund 1st team, and I have been watching their last few games, then I looked back and saw it was the second team.

Comment

You are absolutely right. Borussia Dortmund II is the next-to-last place team in Liga 3.

Karlsruhe and Osnabruck are tied for first place, with 53 points, but Karlsruhe has a +7 goal difference over Osnabruck. Pruessen Munster is third with 50. Two other teams are lurking just off the pace.

Karlsruhe has just one game remaining against those four contenders, at Prussen Munster.

Karlsruhe SC announced yesterday that its next three games will be broadcast and webcast by the German regional TV station SWR TV www.swr-tv.de All three games are Saturday at 8 am US Eastern time.

Comment

Working...
      X