No announcement yet.

Mexico v The Reggae Boyz in the Azteca - Some stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ricketts is a retard, he's our best shot stopper but our worst keeper as he has no sense. He's been doin that stupidness for years and i dunno if a him unruly or the coach dem jus allow him to do whatever the heck he wants. i jus can't see how blastin the ball out of touch, surrendering possession to your opponents can be a good strategy.

Comment

Paw, let's not resort to calling the man a retard as he is far from being a retard. It is more like he is tactically naive why he does what he does all the time. Ricketts has been around long enough to know what to do with the ball when he has it so h can better help his team.

My problem with him is that this is not the only game he has demonstrated this tendency. I blame the coaches however as if they were not happy with his distribution, we would not be seeing it in games. When Ricketts kept for the Galaxy, he did not do what we saw him doing on that night. I know Bruce Arena would not accept that as good goalkeeping.

Have anyone seen him keep for his current club Portland Timbers? If so, how is his distribution for them in games?

I will have to see if I can find a Timbers game on TV to watch soon.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I still think it was to capitalize on height advantage,a strategy implemented by Tappa,that transgression was completely ignored by Tappa in his assessment of the keeper game.
        For that strategy to have success, Ricketts would have to be far more accurate,and better on field positioning is required;it is not about the player that will be at the end of the long kicks but his supporting cast being in proximity.
        It also creates a physical burden on our strikers that are already battling the ills of high altitude.
        I can't say for sure it was Theo at the helm but the glaring ill-advised act continuing is.

Comment

Well let us see what he does in the other games. For these Hex rounds we have put the Azteca experience behind us. I am looking forward to our TEAM playing better passing and moving, moving and passing ball. ...and Ricketts (the 'keeper) is merely TEAM REGGAE BOYZ last defender so we expect better passing from him as he chips in to aid possession.

Let's wait to pass judgement of what we all hope will be the new 'distributor Ricketts'.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I would love to know that it was a strategy for that game. If you watch other matches with the Reggae Boyz however, you will see that is how he operates when he is in goal for Jamaica. It was a rather refreshing change to see Miller in goal and how he handled things better from he back.

Alright, let us watch a Portland Timbers match and see how he operates. Timbers play the Earthquakes today at 5PM PT (2PM ET) http://www.portlandtimbers.com/timbers-live. Also let us see how he handles himself against Panama next.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
              I would love to know that it was a strategy for that game. If you watch other matches with the Reggae Boyz however, you will see that is how he operates when he is in goal for Jamaica. It was a rather refreshing change to see Miller in goal and how he handled things better from he back.

Alright, let us watch a Portland Timbers match and see how he operates. Timbers play the Earthquakes today at 5PM PT (2PM ET) http://www.portlandtimbers.com/timbers-live. Also let us see how he handles himself against Panama next.
              I've heard it from good sources that it was part of the strategy for the Mexico game. We will have to wait and see for the Panama game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                People please note, I made a mistake with the time. 5PM PT is 8PM ET.

Comment

Working...
                X