No announcement yet.

Whatever happened to Nicholas Addlery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened to Nicholas Addlery?

Forumites might remember that we did an interview with Addlery when he was tearing up the Trini league a few years ago. Well, today, someone told me that he was playing in Vietnam! So, I did a search to see where he might be and this is what I found.

Nick is a very determined player. Doesn't surprise me that he would take a contract in South East Asis. I wish him every success in his football career. Who knows, maybe he might make it back to the Boyz one of these days. Gwaan do yuh ting, bredren!

Former Cal Men's Soccer Standouts Tomas Boltnar & Nicholas Addlery Sign New Pro Contracts

March 6, 2007
    Former Cal Vulcan men's soccer standouts Tomas Boltnar (Des Moines Menace) and Nicholas Addlery (Virginia Beach Mariners) signed new contracts for the 2007 season.

The Virginia Beach Mariners signed <B>Nicholas Addlery</B>, a 6-1, 185 lb. Jamaican forward from the Bronx, New York. Addlery went to the Mariners’ February combine and was immediately notable on the pitch.

Before playing in the Vietnamese 1st Division for Dong Nai Football Club in 2006, the player spent 2003 and 2005 in the Trinidad and Tobago 1st Division playing for CL Financial San Juan Jobleth and Star World Strikers F.C.

Prior to that, Addlery was a member of the 2004 U23 Jamaican National Team during the Olympic qualifying tournament in Mexico. He made his first international appearance in 2001 as a member of the U20 Jamaican national Team where he participated in the qualifying matches for the Under 20 Youth World Cup in Argentina.

As a college player for the Vulcans, Addlery was a four-time PSAC first-team all-star, earned NSCAA/Umbro All-Region recognition twice and was a 1997 second-team All-American.

He played in 75 games, scoring 52 goals and recording 20 assists for 124 points. Addlery ranks second behind Boltnar in career goals and points.

“Addlery was a good find for us, he’s strong, has great pace, and a knack for scoring goals,” said Colin Clarke.

The Mariners Preseason Squad will take on the University of Maryland at ODU Soccer Stadium this Saturday, March 10 at 2 pm.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Uh-oh! Maybe he should have stayed in Vietnam. I just learnt that the Mariners are no more!

Mariners Season Terminated

TAMPA, FL – United Soccer Leagues announced the Virginia Beach Mariners USL First Division and Submariners Premier Development League franchises owned by Virginia Beach Soccer LLC (VBS) have been terminated by USL. As a result, the USL-1 team has been removed from the 2007 schedule and will not be replaced. All players under contract with the Mariners have been released and are free to sign with any team. A decision on the status of the PDL team will be made as early as next week.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
    X