Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Madrid v Man Utd: Cristiano Ronaldo is a bully - Gary N

Real Madrid v Man Utd: Cristiano Ronaldo is a bully - Gary Neville

Gary Neville has described Real Madrid star and ex-Manchester United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo as a "bully" who preys on defenders' weaknesses.
    Ex-captain Neville played alongside the Portuguese forward from 2003 to 2009.
    Before his old side's Champions League trip to Madrid, Neville said: "Ronaldo is a bully. He bullies the weakest defender. He does it all the time."
    Wednesday's last-16 tie at the Bernabeu will be Ronaldo's first game against United since his £80m move in 2009.
    Neville, who played 602 times for United, also praised his former team-mate for changing his view on how the game should be played.
    Cristiano Ronaldo in numbers

• Rises through the youth ranks at Sporting Lisbon, where he makes 25 appearances, scoring three times
    • Joins Man Utd for £12.2m in August 2003 as an 18-year-old
    • Goes on to play at Old Trafford for six seasons, scoring 117 goals in 290 games
    • Signs for Real Madrid from Manchester United in July 2009 for a record £80m
    • Has scored 182 goals during 179 appearances

The former England right-back added: "He changed my perception.
    "We had a midfield four - Beckham, Keane, Scholes, Giggs - I played with Beckham for seven years. They never had the freedom to decide their position on the pitch.
    "Suddenly I didn't have someone in front of me who would come back and double up on the [opposition's] left-winger.
    "In those early years he used to go wandering off.
    "He was told to play on the right by Sir Alex Ferguson and would end up on the left. That was unheard of.
    "By the end of Ronaldo's Manchester United career I was willing him not to chase back so he was free.
    "He just decided his own position, which was based upon where the space was and who was the weak link. He made me realise you didn't always need to be in your shape.
    "We had a player who was beyond a level of talent I had ever seen. He would go and win us game after game. I suppose that is more important."
    Ronaldo, 28, scored his 20th hat-trick since arriving in Spain during Real Madrid's 4-1 defeat of Seville on Saturday.
    He has now scored 182 for the Spanish giants from only 179 games.
    Neville is convinced Ronaldo is a better player than when he left Old Trafford.
    "Now, he is a monster," he added. "I saw him on Saturday evening. He picks the ball up in an innocuous position, 30 yards out, does some type of shimmy I can't even describe let alone do, beats a man and whacks it in from 25 yards.
    "You can't defend against that.
    "Then he scores a counter-attack goal when he chases 80 yards forward, then he preys on the back of the centre-half and scores a hat-trick inside 30 minutes."
    United manager Sir Alex Ferguson may ask Phil Jones to man-mark Ronaldo in the Champions League game, although Neville is not certain that will contain him.
    "You literally need to have two men against him. Even then they might both get beaten," he told BBC Radio 5 live.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Fergie must be scratching his head on how to deal with this beast. The man can shoot with right or left foot. When you have opponents shooting from far, we'd always say, as long as he shoot from there, we good. Not Ronaldo. This dude thinks he can shoot from his 18 yard box and score.

What I'd like to see is how Fergie stop him. Or they going to Madrid with a you score 2 we score 4 mentality.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Can you imagine next year if him and Gareth Bale de pon the same team?

Everybody else might as well play defense.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Mi si Spain mek him suck salt through wooden spoon.. vanish.. missing in action..

Man who try compare Ronaldo to Zidane nuh know bout ball...

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
          Mi si Spain mek him suck salt through wooden spoon.. vanish.. missing in action..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#axzz2KbfAEoRw

Comment

suh wait.. is wheh yuh tink mi was a talk bout ?!

Same madness deh..

Comment

Missing in action? Really Maudib?
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

suh wait.. is wheh yuh tink mi was a talk bout ?!

Same madness deh..
                I would say Alex know a thing or 2 about ball, thats all i got to say!!

Comment

Embarrassing statement.. is suh him fraid ah get beating..? or is him players him ah try frighten..

Ronaldo and Zidane is two diffrant ballah.. Ronaldo don't have the dimensions Zidane have.. suh how yuh can seh Ronaldo is bettah.. bettah at WHAT ?!

Comment

yes really !

A player like Ronaldo has to depend on service.. cut off di service and him MISSING !

Zidane MEK ballgame.. construction him innah..

Comment

yes really !

A player like Ronaldo has to depend on service.. cut off di service and him MISSING !

Wait, we talking about the same Ronaldo? I'm talking the one from Portugal, not Brazil. Last I checked Spain had their hands full with Ronaldo, hence the game going to a penalty shootout. I see what the problem is, because ppl rate Messi, they feel they must berate Ronaldo. Well, I have no shame in acknowledging that I respect both playes.

Comment

yes really !

Two very very very different players with different roles and styles...it's like comparing chalk and cheese...makes no sense.
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Tell dat to di ManU Managah.. look like him getting Senile..

Comment

Mi si Spain mek Ronaldo ball.. if him touch di ball him lucky...

Comment

Tell dat to di ManU Managah.. look like him getting Senile..
                              Stop hating on the youth. How many records has he set since going to RM? Ask RM fans if they'd be La Liga winners without Ronaldo last season? To this day I don't understand why Jose don't let him play CF ... because time and again him set up Benzema and Higuain and dem miss the chances. Man play only 123 games scoring 136 goals .... PLAYING AS A WINGER .... and people a diss the youth?

Comment

Working...
                              X