Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
    I was wrong,thanks for the correction!
    You were not wrong Skeng was. You were referring to the Gold Cup team of 2011 which had some priods of superior passing. Skeng's list refers to the ill-fated 2012 Carribbean Cup team which as we know was a disaster. He owes you an apology.

Comment

[Hopefully, Tappa is not giving any credence to the UB40 crap, in fact I have reason to think he will not despite the terrible showings of a mixed team(local AND UB40)players in the CC.]

[You were referring to the Gold Cup team of 2011 which had some priods of superior passing.]

ok.

Comment

You did read this quote didnt you? 'isnt it ironic that Tappa biggest headache today has to be how to this team to mirror the team of 2011, that has to be the task at hand"

By saying 2011 he was referring to the Gold Cup team. OK

Comment

you need to comprehend better than that...the 2011 section is not about ub40's and our terrible showing at the cc...its about the 'best' team he has seen

Comment

Stats - I have now watched the match 3 times and @

20th minute on my 4th viewing.
            Each time I become more impressed by the performance.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
              You can't really listen to nationalistic emotional talk. If Mexico was that good they would have won the WC already. .
              That good?
              Wah yuh mean?
              Holland 1974

This extraordinary collection of talented footballers set the world on fire for a few brief weeks in the summer of 1974. They captured the imagination of a generation of fans in a way that no team, before or after, have matched. They played football in a way we hadn't seen before, with skill, strength, intelligence and attitude merged together into a mixture that was uniquely theirs. They didn't actually win the World Cup, heaven knows why, but they created a set of memories that have lasted a generation now, and will continue undimmed for a long while to come.

& 1978?

The last time Mexico played a well disciplined and organized game was in the 94 WC. They still got eliminated. They are more technical than Ja but that alone doesn't win games at the highest level (in time to come Ja will surpass them here). The game last Wednesday showed them as being over confident and reckless (thus giving Ja some very good chances on the counter). If they (Mexicans) play the US the same way (as they did JA) they will be beaten in Mexico.
              With better shooting and a less efficient (brilliant ?) 'keeper they could have beaten us...right?

...just as if our REGGAEBOYZ were more clinical in front of goal we could have won...right?

As I said JA can win the Hex but it takes good funding to move and camp the team. This way they can practice against quality opposition. Given the amount of pros in the team (at present), all they need is a week and half in Brasil.
              Hope you are correct. These guys could if TEAM is made visit at the World Cup and create waves...but they need to first qualify.
              Last edited by Karl; February 14, 2013, 05:37 PM.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Skeng D View Post
                you need to comprehend better than that...the 2011 section is not about ub40's and our terrible showing at the cc...its about the 'best' team he has seen
                Huh? Alright I defer to your comprehension.

Comment

Rudi, I am sorry I caused the confusion,in that sentence I specifically referred to the team from the CC and stated that team had UB40 players.The term UB40 has evolved to include MLS etc(as Karl implicitly stated) but nevertheless the team was largely local players from our domestic league,hence I stand corrected.

Comment

don't watch any more

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Holland? Karl you are going overboard. This is my point:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rik0L-UToBQ

Comment

To remain firm in resolve under the Mexican assault was great stuff. ...and it was not mere defending, it was also looking to counter and score goals!

The mental strength of our players? Outstanding!
                        The physical presence save for *Theo Robinson? Outstanding!

Discipline and shape? Great!
                        Not saying mistakes were not made because of temporary lack of focus - e.g. Demar Philips' running under high balls twice and a dive in or 2 by others...but the discipline and shape kept was excellent.

Tactics?
                        Spot on to deal with the quality TEAM Mexico and the circumstances met - i.e. high altitude.

Tappa's mannaging of the TEAM was also spot on. Subs were all impact subs.

...I think I shall zero in on Ryan Johnson as there have been questions about his performance. Think I shall...????

*It was interesting observing Theo Robinson's efforts and comparing with Omar Daley's! Night to Day!

Comment

I think you shall see a much improved passing game from our Boyz in the next match.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                            To remain firm in resolve under the Mexican assault was great stuff. ...and it was not mere defending, it was also looking to counter and score goals!

The mental strength of our players? Outstanding!
                            The physical presence save for *Theo Robinson? Outstanding!

Discipline and shape? Great!
                            Not saying mistakes were not made because of temporary lack of focus - e.g. Demar Philips' running under high balls twice and a dive in or 2 by others...but the discipline and shape kept was excellent.

Tactics?
                            Spot on to deal with the quality TEAM Mexico and the circumstances met - i.e. high altitude.

Tappa's mannaging of the TEAM was also spot on. Subs were all impact subs.

...I think I shall zero in on Ryan Johnson as there have been questions about his performance. Think I shall...????

*It was interesting observing Theo Robinson's efforts and comparing with Omar Daley's! Night to Day!
                            I'm curious Karl, Robinson had a decent game except for the missed opportunity on goal....care to state you opinion on him?

Comment

Karl how long we have been talking about disciplined all eleven playing defense clogging and dominating the midfield, that is the first battle that must be won, then using that hard core space shutting, shadowing, anvil shape with some malleability to point of attack from the opposing side and using speed and physical play to dominate the mids setting the table for rapid counter attacks if available using speed, skill and dexterity or holding the ball looking for the opening if there is no immediate opening.

That kind of team calls for very specific players, it is literally a German or Danish style looking team size wise and disciplined with Jamaican speed and skill playing physical disciplined ball, whoa, I am hitting cloud 9 thinking about that combination.
                              Last edited by Stonigut; February 17, 2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
                                I'm curious Karl, Robinson had a decent game except for the missed opportunity on goal....care to state you opinion on him?
                                Too early to be conclusive...but in the short time he had on the field he seemed not to have caught the TEAM spirit and attitude of 'fighting to the death'. He did his thing on the attacking end...sorry he never lifted his shot but he was unlucky in that the 'keeper had his effort inadvertently stuck between his legs...I was frankly surprised that after seeing from the bench the way each player on TEAM fought and fought that coming on with fresh legs he was not throwing himself around like, for example, primarily Omar Daley - who was both vocal and 'tigerish' - and also Tremaine Stewart.

Comment

Working...
                                X