What Mexican commentators said!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Mexican commentators said!

"To be successful at Azteca, you have to be defensively organized and tactically flawless and those are two things you don't think of when you think of Jamaican football"

How do you like that kind of feedback, pretty direct, that is what they think of us and you know what there is some truth to it. That is what has to be fixed to make it to the copa in Brazil.

Ten games is a long stretch to play consistent organized defense for the whole team and to execute in a manner that could be considered tactically close to flawless requires some serious time together against some quality opposition. How are we going to step to that plate.

Originally posted by Stonigut;406786[COLOR=blue
    ]"To be successful at Azteca, you have to be defensively organized and tactically flawless and those are two things you don't think of when you think of Jamaican football"[/color]

How do you like that kind of feedback, pretty direct, that is what they think of us and you know what there is some truth to it. That is what has to be fixed to make it to the copa in Brazil.

Ten games is a long stretch to play consistent organized defense for the whole team and to execute in a manner that could be considered tactically close to flawless requires some serious time together against some quality opposition. How are we going to step to that plate.
    I think that was Alejandro Moreno who made that comment. You should remember him. He played in the MLS. His last team was Chivas USA. He used to play for Venezuela national squad.

Your question hi-lighted in red:

Answer: By using the same list of core professional players. Any change must be the addition of even better players. (And you may see more players crawl out of the wood-work) going forward.

I have been saying for eons--local talent (NPL'ers) cannot play up to international standards.

All is not lost with local talent. The heavy use of overseas and foreign based players is a teachable moment for local football. They will see what TEAM (Karl) football is all about...and local standards MAY improve.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

That statement was bang on...and your post is TREMENDOUS!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yes!!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yes, that is right, build on the core, but the key thing is you can't make the side unless you 'nose run red and you belly bun' it has been too easy for some to get into the side.

One of the most basic truths about us humans is when something is free it almost has no value as people use it and abuse it and it becomes almost worthless, we have made reggae boyz spot almost worthless, there is no sense of sacrifice in getting to that mark as anybody who show little skill is the next big thing and boom you in the side. Local talent is the root of Jamaican football and produces a decent product but the development process is lacking and even with that's is we produce some champions like Austin, Cummings, Richards, fuller, Marshall, andy Williams, taylor gardener and countless others that while not superstars are strong consistent producers and know what it takes to stick it, suck salt and grind out the tough times, that tek resilience.

Love the point about teachable moment, that game last week should have enormous implications for the coaches and players at home to realize the business at this level is a different world.

The best place to see how good our local talent is at stepping to the next level, is the Concacaf club competition, our best team ever has not even made it to a Concacaf regional semifinals, that is the real deal right there and without the professional locals and the diaspora players that is where our national team level would be prehex level, third and fourth place consistently.

Comment

Thanks Karl. That game was something else, a promise of the potential with organization and discipline.

Comment

S-gut: we are at a stage in football where it is business first.

We cannot be mired in sentimental feelings of having local talent on the squad...just because>>>>

The good Cap'n Burrell pointed out that teams that got eliminated in the first round in the last world cup went home with ~$9 Million.!!!!

That's a lot of mulah!!!

I am sure the UB40's zeal for the team is just as strong as the locals. They are not opportunistic. Furthermore, Jamaica went talent shopping. I see it as win/win for all involved.

Nothing is free.

HL

Comment

time fi everything. Local get them time already it just mean they(players and admins alike) have to upgrade their games.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

All is not lost with local talent. The heavy use of overseas and foreign based players is a teachable moment for local football. They will see what TEAM (Karl) football is all about...and local standards MAY improve.
                  LOL.... Funny stuff.

Heavy use of foreigners may cause players in Jamaica to improve... Talk about having things backwards.

Well our politics and economics are backward ...so there's no reason footie should be any different considering that the governing "brains" come from the same gene pool

Very innovative thinking tho... Apparently then we now have the best of both worlds...Instant professional competence in World Cup qualifying...AND the local development process is accelerating with this recent foreign influx ...Noice!!
                  Last edited by Don1; February 12, 2013, 04:22 PM.
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Assasin,when a man like yuh can accept this reality, it gives hope to others who are [still] entrenched in the virtues of the local football talent.

HL

Comment

I have always been and will be for the local man to get his chance and growth. Rember also there is a time for growth and a time for the best. We can't exclude others, no other country does. I don't see why we can't have growth and UB40s. Now a crunch time and the coach makes his call so I support 100%. After this we analyse and go forward.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Hey we are cutting no corners there, many of our locals abroad are equal to the England guys that we have been able to get. You must have a fundamental connection between the national team and the local program and the success of the Andy Williams, Marshall, fuller, gardener, Cummings, Richards, Austin, Jj, Omar Daley and countless others ensure that the link between the reality of playing on the dirt fields of lower st Catherine can really translate into playing on the pacific coast in beautiful Vancouver. All we are looking to do is to fill the gaps, fill the weak points, that is what we are doing otherwise I may as well cheer for Ghana.

Comment

LOL
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                            S-gut: we are at a stage in football where it is business first.

We cannot be mired in sentimental feelings of having local talent on the squad...just because>>>>

The good Cap'n Burrell pointed out that teams that got eliminated in the first round in the last world cup went home with ~$9 Million.!!!!

That's a lot of mulah!!!

I am sure the UB40's zeal for the team is just as strong as the locals. They are not opportunistic. Furthermore, Jamaica went talent shopping. I see it as win/win for all involved.

Nothing is free.
                            Businesses either grow or die!
                            There is no marking of time!

Comment

At every stage of a footballer career he has to prove his worth; local players that went to FARIN universities had to distinguish themselves from the get go to be bona fide starters,the same is true regarding the MLS, Mattocks etc did not get a blue pill to swallow (with their plane tickets) raising their game immediately,they were already a notch above the rest.
                              Hopefully, Tappa is not giving any credence to the UB40 crap, in fact I have reason to think he will not despite the terrible showings of a mixed team(local AND UB40)players in the CC.
                              The RESULTS in the Mexico game is history making, that aside it was a game where we had individual heroics but woefully lacking in having an effective passing game.
                              The best I have ever seen Reggaeboyz played is in 2011, when after being abused by Venezuela(resulting in a vote of no confidence by everyone except Tappa;he believed in local talents and was rewarded) the team went on to be stellar against El Salvador,Grenada, Guatemala and Honduras.
                              We went into the game against USA deemed favorites even by American commentators(first time that ever happened as far as I know),we had an atypical game with atypical results.
                              That team was homegrown talents.

Comment

Working...
                              X