RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The bottom line and getting to the next step.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bottom line and getting to the next step.

Some people think that the mexicans were fooled into thinking the Carib cup team would show up for the first match of the hex at Azteca but I don't think the Caribbean cup fooled anybody, they all know the deal with that and that the side that would play them would more closely resemble the team that faced guat and the prehex tournament.

The bottom line on the perception and opinion on Jamaican and Carib ball is that there is a fundamental disrespect of Caribbean football in central america and mex and usa that we play bush ball all speed and bluster and little thought or organization and they play the sophisticated real ball And that we are not wise or smart enough to play disciplined team ball on offense and defense for 90 minutes over multiple games.

Listen again to the raw unadulterated disrespect of the commentators when talking about the players and the ability of the team to even sustain a draw in that game.

It truly burns me to the core, but what burn me more is our calypso mentality when preparing for matches like these, especially what we saw in the last guat match total lack of mental or psychological preparation for that match, same thing here in this game, we had players meeting each other for the first time in the first game of the hex at the toughest place to play in concacaf, what we had here was a confluence of events and players, I have been saying that the back line of Taylor, maps, nuggs and Phillips with Austin and one other hard core d mid like elliott or somebody in that mold in a 4-5-1 was the way to go and to have the mids on the flank being tough on defense you can really play some serious shutdown ball on the flanks and drive the cattle to the hard middle with austin and elliott coming hard, especially with most of our guys being bigger, faster and stronger. The weakness in the back is still Phillips but we have no one better anywhere to play that position, he has a definite tendency to stray.

The altitude was the one serious factor in the Mexicans favor and also the lack of chemistry on our side and chemistry was an advantage for them.

Listen financial backing is critical and important but it is not the most important thing right now, we get a nice money from Coke, the focus should be on building that team and ensuring that we develop maximum team discipline and build the unit into a fearsome machine. Hey when Guys see that header that nuggs went up for with no backing down that was pure desire, pure I must get that ball, that was urgency, that is the kind of player and play that will make these boyz feared and respected. Fighting for every chicken bone every minute of the game.
Working...
X