Jermaine Beckford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermaine Beckford

Huddersfield striker Jermaine Beckford out for at least a month with torn hamstring

Last Updated: February 6, 2013 6:39pm

Jermaine Beckford: Ruled out for at least a month with a torn hamstring

Huddersfield striker Jermaine Beckford has been ruled out for at least a month after scans confirmed he has torn his hamstring.

The 29-year-old had only been on the pitch as a late substitute for three minutes in last week's home win over Crystal Palace when he sustained the injury and was forced off.
    Beckford, sidelined for five games at the end of November and beginning of December with a similar problem, has missed a total of seven matches since joining Huddersfield on loan from Leicester in September.
    Caretaker manager Mark Lillis has injury concerns over midfielder Oliver Norwood (foot) and Joel Lynch (hamstring), who this week withdrew from the Northern Ireland and Wales squads respectively. c
    Captain Peter Clarke, who sustained concussion in Saturday's defeat at Derby and spent a night in hospital and strikers James Vaughan and Lee Novak (foot) for Saturday's home clash with leaders Cardiff.

Plan B required, what way will Tappa turn, will Ryan Johnson continue to lead the line or will he go for Mattocks? Or will he look to the English leagues for another UB40?

Comment

who else out there?

Comment

I have my eye on a youth who i feel could score goals at the Concacaf level

Comment

who dat?

Comment

Originally posted by Skeng D View Post
            who dat?
            A youth playing for Brentford in League 1 called Clayton Donaldson.

Comment

Ryan Johnson did just fine in the GOLD CUP!
              ...since the GOLD CUP we have played without there being a good TEAM - (We hope Tappa makes one during these HEX...and quickly!) - as a result our forwards have all spluttered!

In these Hexagonal set of matches, we have played 1 match were Ryan got 1 chance and missed! Based on his showing so far there is no reason to let him go.

...but let us compare him to all our other forwards who have played in the only 2 competitions where fair quality/level of football has been played - namely the GOLD CUP, the match against Guatemala and the USA in the previous rounds of these World Cup qualifiers and these HEXAGONAL matches (unfortunately only 1 match thus far). = Total of 9 matches -

Dane Richards:
              Omar Cummings:
              Luton Shelton:
              Tremaine Stewart:
              Ryan Johnson:

btw - In those matches could it be Demar Phillips is our top goal-scorer?

Stonigut, Tilla, anyone the stats please?

NB: In our match in the Azteca - Mex 0 - 0 REGGAEBOYZ, our forwards had a hard time of it getting good service. Sure we got 3 or 4 gilt-edged chances...but our play was "not all that" when it comes on to well worked chances.

As I said elsewhere we had 1 eight pass sequence (...and we retreated to our half with the ball and lost it there)... The rest 2 or 3 passes at most!

*Have watched the game only twice. So I have not done my counting yet. Apologies to Bricktop!
              Last edited by Karl; February 9, 2013, 07:26 PM.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                Ryan Johnson did just fine in the GOLD CUP!
                ...since we have played without there being a good TEAM as a result our forwards have all spluttered!

In these Hexagonal set of matches, we have played 1 match were Ryan got 1 chance and missed! Based on his showing so far there is no reason to let him go.

...but let us compare him to all our other forwards who have played in the only 2 competitions where fair quality/level of football has been played - namely the GOLD CUP, the match against Guatemala and the USA in the previous rounds of these World Cup qualifiers and these HEXAGONAL matches (unfortunately only 1 match thus far). = Total of 9 matches -

Dane Richards:
                Omar Cummings:
                Luton Shelton:
                Ryan Johnson:

Stonigut, anyone the stats please?

NB: In our match in the Azteca - Mex 0 - 0 REGGAEBOYZ, our forwards had a hard time of it getting good service. Sure we got 3 or 4 gilt-edged chances...but our play was "not all that" when it comes on to well worked chances.

As I said elsewhere we had 1 eight pass sequence (...and we retreated to our half with the ball and lost it there)... The rest 2 or 3 passes at most!

*Have watched the game only twice. So I have not done my counting yet. Apologies to Bricktop!
                No doubt in my mind Ryan is best of those mentioned. Beckford though is a goalscorer but is struggling with injuries. Personally i would only make one change from the team that played in Mexico for the home game against Panama.
                I would bring in Hue for JJ.

Comment

contact Howard

Comment

Beckford I believe will be fit for Panama and Costa Rica

However My Plan B is Troy Deeney of Watford

Arguably the Hottest striker in the Championship

Comment

Have doubts over Beckford fitness in general...He seems to be constantly injured. In Nov he was out for a while with hamstring issues and now he has torn it. Maybe we need to look elsewhere..
                      Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
                        Have doubts over Beckford fitness in general...He seems to be constantly injured. In Nov he was out for a while with hamstring issues and now he has torn it. Maybe we need to look elsewhere..
                        The other options:-Troy Deaney(Watford FC)
                        Troy Deaney season 2012/2013 Games 20 Goals 12 Assists 5
                        Clayton Donaldson (Brentford FC)
                        Clayton Donaldson 2012/2013 Games 38 Goals 19 Assists 3

Darren Mattocks 2012 Games 22 Goals 8 Assists 0 http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/...ttocks?cc=5739

Comment

When you factor in how many games he actually started Mattocks stock even higher !

I think he should be in the squad...

Comment

for the panama game.. you could see Mattocks.. Mattocks does have some qualities particularly in the Air and we will be more offensive....

Comment

Lets hope those 2 points we spurned don't come back to bite us..

Who says Mexico will be formidable in the Azteca this Qualifying.. a draw could be par for the course... when yuh talking top 3 spot.. maybe below par...

The other angle is maybe we caught mexico with their pants down and blew the opportunity.. next match in jamaica dem tek 3 points..

Some man in here a live off History... History nuh play football..ask Brazil bout dat..

Comment

Working...
                              X