Mattocks - 20 goals this season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    When was this? "El Sal used to have prolific MLS players?" Do you even follow the league???

How many MLS play go straight into the EPl and can contribute right away?

The MLS is no a top European league but it is a pretty good league and even many players form England etc. come and struggle.
    Raul Diaz Arce was not an important and impactful player in the MLS?.

Comment

that is about 15 years ago and that is only one player. At no time players from El Salvador as you said dominate the league "I remember when El Sal used to have prolific MLS players" And what exactly do you mean dominate the league? He was maybe the best player on his team and how long did that last?

This tell me your knowledge of the league.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

that is about 15 years ago and that is only one player. At no time players from El Salvador as you said dominate the league "I remember when El Sal used to have prolific MLS players" And what exactly do you mean dominate the league? He was maybe the best player on his team and how long did that last?

This tell me your knowledge of the league.
        Pele's impact on football was over 40 years ago so I don't where you are heading.

Comment

Can you tell me when El Salvador players dominated MLS?

Yes one El Salvador players was one of the best player then. That was when the league just started. The league has grown leaps and bound and it seems to have left you beyond.

No doubt you have been left behind. When you have David Beckham, Roy Keane, Donovan etc. on one team, Henry, Cahill, the mexican cener half on a team and the list goes on. Jeff Cameron just bought by stoke city, a player just transfer to Villa, Brek Shay transferring to stoke, Camara also transfering to the MLS all in one half season it says a lot for the league.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Can you tell me when El Salvador players dominated MLS?

Yes one El Salvador players was one of the best player then. That was when the league just started. The league has grown leaps and bound and it seems to have left you beyond.

No doubt you have been left behind. When you have David Beckham, Roy Keane, Donovan etc. on one team, Henry, Cahill, the mexican cener half on a team and the list goes on. Jeff Cameron just bought by stoke city, a player just transfer to Villa, Brek Shay transferring to stoke, Camara also transfering to the MLS all in one half season it says a lot for the league.
            There you go again. Impact and dominate are not synonyms Sass. Let's stay on the same page. You seem to stray too often. Sorry, not this time and not with this forumite. Arce was an important and impactful player in the MLS, period.

Comment

He was then but you said "players", not player so you are wrong. AT no time did El Salvador players dominate the MLS. Let us get that right. Arce is only one player.

We can go on from there.

Comment

He was then but you said "players", not player so you are wrong. AT no time did El Salvador players dominate the MLS. Let us get that right. Arce is only one player.

We can go on from there.
                There again. When did Jamaican(s) dominate the MLS, since you want to stick to DOMINATE.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
                  Actually Mo, quite frankly, I don't think they count. The MLS is not a really rough-and- tough league. Homegrown Jamaican players will have little difficulty shining in that league, but the hex tournament requires a little more than that. I remember when El Sal used to have prolific MLS players, yet when that country played WCQ matches they were mostly ineffectual. The MLS players that really make an impact at the international level are the one who have/had European playing experience.
                  MLS is definitely not an easy league. Most of our homegrown players found themself on the bench for a large part of last season. Quite a few MLS players just enabled Honduras to defeat USA's team of EPL, Serie A and Bundesliga players.

As far as the Salvadoreans. They had the attacking trio of Cienfuegos, DIaz Arce and Cerritos. Diaz Arce and CIenfuegos were very good in Intl games. Cerritos was not and it showed his performance as MLS got better and he became irrelevant. For the most part the other players on their team didn't have much talent.

Comment

who said Jamaicans do minated the MLS????

Currently Jamaicans are second to US and Canada with numbers of players in the MLS. If Arse dominated it so too did Cunningham and Cummings.

FOR THE FINAL TIME YOUR SENTENCE IS WRONG. AT NO TIME EL SALVADORAN PLAYERS DOMINATED THE MLS..

Comment

who said Jamaicans do minated the MLS????

Currently Jamaicans are second to US and Canada with numbers of players in the MLS. If Arse dominated it so too did Cunningham and Cummings.

FOR THE FINAL TIME YOUR SENTENCE IS WRONG. AT NO TIME EL SALVADORAN PLAYERS DOMINATED THE MLS..
                      Sass, you keep saying dominate, did I say dominate. I am sorry, I can only explain to you, I can't help you to comprehend. Come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                        MLS is definitely not an easy league. Most of our homegrown players found themself on the bench for a large part of last season. Quite a few MLS players just enabled Honduras to defeat USA's team of EPL, Serie A and Bundesliga players.

As far as the Salvadoreans. They had the attacking trio of Cienfuegos, DIaz Arce and Cerritos. Diaz Arce and CIenfuegos were very good in Intl games. Cerritos was not and it showed his performance as MLS got better and he became irrelevant. For the most part the other players on their team didn't have much talent.
                        That's true, but it is essentially the same team that played in WC 2010 and they have stayed together as a unit, and matured together as a team. That must account for something, in addition to their immense natural skill which is now being realized. Mattocks will not increase Jamaica"s chances of qualifying, in my opinion. He doesn't have the skills, in my opinion.

Comment

Prolific players do dominate and only Arse you can put in that category.

Comment

What skills does he lack ?

Mek wi si wha really a gwaan yah suh..

For extra credit.. what is Jamaica currently lacking ?

Comment

Prolific players do dominate and only Arse you can put in that category.
                              Sass you are entitled to you opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts or to frame my argument for me. I sad impact not dominate. Stop being difficult. You can't sneak that kind of reasoning past me. It will not work.

Comment

So these prolific players simply didn't dominate which goes to the point of your argument. What is the comparison to Mattocks and that is what make you form your opinion that MLS is not a good league?

I certainly beg to differ.
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X