No announcement yet.

Making a case for the Reggae Boyz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're on the money. That was a very disciplined, tactical performance...the players and Tappa are to be congratulated...fi reel

BUT

It's a case of good TACTICS in strengthening the team in the adverse situation we created for ourselves...but **** poor, myopic STRATEGY in not developing players and a team in a structured, sustainable way...15 long years after we qualified for WC with a majority Jamaica-based squad

Now we can look for the irrational exuberance over the favorable results this grouping may generate to reduce the drive for real development at home...which development should be the focal point of our program. Instead our focal point is to qualify for the WC by any means necessary (i.e. expedient short cuts)

The imports will continue to paper over the cracks and give the false impression to many that our football is progressing well
    Last edited by Don1; February 7, 2013, 10:56 AM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Which continue? Where is the development at all?!?

How can you blame anyone from the Caribbean Cup when they are the same ones who have developed from our non-development?!? And for the rest, where were the friendlies, the camps, the whatever?

I hate to be a wet blanket but don't expect the Boyz to play as inspired as they did last night for every match in the Hex. This is football and I notice that we always expect each team to play the same way they did in their last match. So, if we play badly one day, then we call for a complete change of players and coaching staff. If we play well, as we did for short periods last night (let's not fool ourselves), then we think we will play well for the next match and forever onwards.

Football nuh go suh. Unless you have put something in place to more or less guarantee that happening. What have we done to guarantee that? Are we going to have this team play a friendly before the next WC qualifier?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

There will be no development...let's be real...

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Good time to remind everyone of my position on this thing - I am not supporting this move from Captain Burrell to go looking for players to represent Jamaica. We did this for 1998 and four World Cup campaigns later we are still doing it.

The JFF must invest in real development in Jamaica's football. For those UB40s who may genuinely be interested, they should declare themselves early in the campaign. No one should have to come knocking at their doors begging them to play for Jamaica.

Now, we are where we are and because Jamaica is the only team that I support, I have no choice but to give Team Jamaica 100% support.

This historic draw with Mexico may do wonders for the U20 team that is now in Mexico preparing for their tournament. Their coach, Luciano Gama, had attended Mexico's last friendly and may have been the reason why we competed so effectively against them last night. I hope he can bring the U20s some success as well.
          I agree about the development of football at the grassroot level, however Mo this don't come cheap. The JFF is broke and the Jamaican government have other priorities. What Jamaica needs is to qualify for more big tournaments, this would in turn increase the profile of the game in the country get more young people interested in playing the game. World Cup tournaments would bring in much needed revenue for the JFF to be able to spend money on development. Lets get real about Jamaica trying to get the best possible team on the field, it is a case of needs must. Every country in the World do it, if there is a player out there who can improve their team and is eligible they will try and induce that player. Why should Jamaica as a developing country be any different? Heavy weights like Germany, England, France etc do what it takes to get the best team on the park. African countries like Mali, Senegal etc sometimes field teams where almost every player was born in France from Immigrants. Youth football development is an expensive affair and Jamaica won't be in a position not in our lifetime anyway to have a successful team at international level so this UB40 debate will be with us forever.

Comment

Yes I am of the fact that devlelopment should be in place but I think we have to get our footallers out a younger age than most do. Keep on preaching but the kind os devlopment you are talking needs a lot of energy and money and even with that we still need the option to capture a few players when needed.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Comment

The UB40 debate will be with us as long as Jamaica pursues myopic short cuts focused on qualifying for the World Cup instead of real youth development

It's a question of will, leadership and vision moreso than money...if we had the will the money would be found
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  Good time to remind everyone of my position on this thing - I am not supporting this move from Captain Burrell to go looking for players to represent Jamaica. We did this for 1998 and four World Cup campaigns later we are still doing it.

The JFF must invest in real development in Jamaica's football. For those UB40s who may genuinely be interested, they should declare themselves early in the campaign. No one should have to come knocking at their doors begging them to play for Jamaica.

Now, we are where we are and because Jamaica is the only team that I support, I have no choice but to give Team Jamaica 100% support.

This historic draw with Mexico may do wonders for the U20 team that is now in Mexico preparing for their tournament. Their coach, Luciano Gama, had attended Mexico's last friendly and may have been the reason why we competed so effectively against them last night. I hope he can bring the U20s some success as well.
                  The question really should be who is responsible for player development; the JFF, the school system, or the football clubs. No doubt the local players need development and the JFF should have a program in place to expose our local based players to international standard football so that we can get the cream as part of the JA team. That being said no Jamaicans should be excluded from representing their country (if the have the talent etc) no matter where they were born or ply their trade. For those who don't know who a Jamaican is let me inform you that by Jamaican law any person born with a Jamaican parent is a Jamaican. So we should be cultivating and grooming local players while at the same time we need to make Jamaica the country of choice for those in the diaspora.

It's amazing to me that some don't want players from the diaspora, but then want the remittances. So the message is give us the money, but screw your pickney.

Comment

Here here
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Just finished my 2nd viewing of the game: Delmar (Demar) Phillips - His normal game has him using his quickness (reflex, reaction time & speed over ground). In the Azteca that was taken away from him after 10 -15 minutes. He shall do far better in the coming matches.

btw - As did just about every one of our players put in some timely 'winning' of the ball. Actually saved our skins a few times in the 2nd half!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Lovel was a terrible passer of the ball. Glad he was not included in this last squad.
                        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
                          The question really should be who is responsible for player development; the JFF, the school system, or the football clubs. No doubt the local players need development and the JFF should have a program in place to expose our local based players to international standard football so that we can get the cream as part of the JA team. That being said no Jamaicans should be excluded from representing their country (if the have the talent etc) no matter where they were born or ply their trade. For those who don't know who a Jamaican is let me inform you that by Jamaican law any person born with a Jamaican parent is a Jamaican. So we should be cultivating and grooming local players while at the same time we need to make Jamaica the country of choice for those in the diaspora.

It's amazing to me that some don't want players from the diaspora, but then want the remittances. So the message is give us the money, but screw your pickney.
                          Well said!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                            I agree about the development of football at the grassroot level, however Mo this don't come cheap. The JFF is broke and the Jamaican government have other priorities. What Jamaica needs is to qualify for more big tournaments, this would in turn increase the profile of the game in the country get more young people interested in playing the game. World Cup tournaments would bring in much needed revenue for the JFF to be able to spend money on development. Lets get real about Jamaica trying to get the best possible team on the field, it is a case of needs must. Every country in the World do it, if there is a player out there who can improve their team and is eligible they will try and induce that player. Why should Jamaica as a developing country be any different? Heavy weights like Germany, England, France etc do what it takes to get the best team on the park. (Edit: the USA does it.) African countries like Mali, Senegal etc sometimes field teams where almost every player was born in France from Immigrants. Youth football development is an expensive affair and Jamaica won't be in a position not in our lifetime anyway to have a successful team at international level so this UB40 debate will be with us forever.
                            nothing more needs to be said about the inclusion of the 'jamaican heritage' players... excellent post...
                            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Arguement done.
                              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                                Development must continue but there is alway a time to add one and two players to the squad.

Nuffa the man them get a second chance in the Caribbean cup and never nail it.
                                Agree with you Sass. They got their chance and couldn't deliver in a mediocre tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X