Making a case for the Reggae Boyz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a case for the Reggae Boyz

The time has arrived and it is time to get serious, time to stop worrying about the lack of practice games and the fact that this team haven't played together before. Never in Jamaica's history have they manage to assemble a team with so much quality and experience. On paper this is collectively The Reggae Boyz best ever squad of players and the country expects. When the Jamaican team run out in Mexico City tonight it will be with a team of players who are experieced, fit and imposing in stature. At 5' 6" Demar Phillips is the smallest player then come Adrian Mariappa at 5' 10" almost all the other members of the team are over 6 feet tall yet full of athleticism.

Dwayne Miller - Good shot stopper, have done well for Jamaica so far.
    Adrian Mariappa - Premier League player, widely regarded as one of the
    best young defenders in England.
    Jermaine Taylor - Consistent performer almost 70 international caps
    Nyron Nosworthy - vastly experienced over 400 English League games
    Demar Phillips - Jamaica's most consistent player over the past few years
    Gareth McCleary - quick and agressive and a goal threat from wide.
    Rudolph Austin - Strong and determine, never lets is country down
    Marvin Elliott - Experienced with over 400 games in the English
    Championship, captain of his club and top pro.
    Jobi McAnuff - Experienced with over 450 league games,captain of his club
    Played every minute of every premiership game this season
    Jermaine Johnson - Experienced, almost 300 league games in England plus
    48 caps for Jamaica.
    Ryan Johnson - Over 150 games in the MLS, 25 caps for Jamaica and a
    real team player. The type of player who always gives
    a 100%.

Now it is over to the coaching team to come up with the right tactics, whatever the tactics or result i expect a good performance from the Boyz.

Our wingbacks are weaker than what we have traditionally used there and mexico typically lives on the flank.
    Goalkeeping and strikers are also weaker.

The others will have to pick up the slack.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
      Our wingbacks are weaker than what we have traditionally used there and mexico typically lives on the flank.
      Goalkeeping and strikers are also weaker.

The others will have to pick up the slack.
      That is definately a concern, i am not that worried about Demar on the left because Jobi will give him the help he needs, however Mapps is a central defender who is being asked to play at right back, not sure about that what. Just have to wait and see. Ryan Johnson is ideal for this type of away game so i am not too bothered about our striking options in this game, however we will need a fit Jermaine Beckford for our next few games.

Comment

Cuss Lovell all unnu want but Lovell played his positon at right back. Was always there, never see him overlapping at any expense and win a lot of tackles.

I don't think at this point Demar should be our left back because it si going to be hard going up and down on that field.

Yeah we need the wing back to stop them.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Mexico always plays good TEAM ball...but she also has the altitude on her side and that Mr. Altitude is a hell of a player! ...her best player!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Love it, just a little time together and this will be some team. Can't start off with the expectation too high, respect must be earned. Very excited at the prospect tonight nevertheless.

Comment

Altitude is no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                Mexico always plays good TEAM ball...but she also has the altitude on her side and that Mr. Altitude is a hell of a player! ...her best player!
                Fortunately, we will have Mr. Altitude light tonight because the colder temperatures will mitigate some of its effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                  Never in Jamaica's history have they manage to assemble a team with so much quality and experience.
                  If memory serves me correctly, they said the same thing last qualifying campaign...

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                    The time has arrived and it is time to get serious, time to stop worrying about the lack of practice games and the fact that this team haven't played together before. Never in Jamaica's history have they manage to assemble a team with so much quality and experience. On paper this is collectively The Reggae Boyz best ever squad of players and the country expects. When the Jamaican team run out in Mexico City tonight it will be with a team of players who are experieced, fit and imposing in stature. At 5' 6" Demar Phillips is the smallest player then come Adrian Mariappa at 5' 10" almost all the other members of the team are over 6 feet tall yet full of athleticism.

Dwayne Miller - Good shot stopper, have done well for Jamaica so far.
                    Adrian Mariappa - Premier League player, widely regarded as one of the
                    best young defenders in England.
                    Jermaine Taylor - Consistent performer almost 70 international caps
                    Nyron Nosworthy - vastly experienced over 400 English League games
                    Demar Phillips - Jamaica's most consistent player over the past few years
                    Gareth McCleary - quick and agressive and a goal threat from wide.
                    Rudolph Austin - Strong and determine, never lets is country down
                    Marvin Elliott - Experienced with over 400 games in the English
                    Championship, captain of his club and top pro.
                    Jobi McAnuff - Experienced with over 450 league games,captain of his club
                    Played every minute of every premiership game this season
                    Jermaine Johnson - Experienced, almost 300 league games in England plus
                    48 caps for Jamaica.
                    Ryan Johnson - Over 150 games in the MLS, 25 caps for Jamaica and a
                    real team player. The type of player who always gives
                    a 100%.

Now it is over to the coaching team to come up with the right tactics, whatever the tactics or result i expect a good performance from the Boyz.
                    Point made, an excellent performance, nuff respect to Tappa and the coaching team and also to Capt Burell for making the effort to get some seasoned professionals to represent our country.

Comment

Lovell got beaten far too easily jumping into tackles...not a stellar game from him...sorry Demar i meant...
                      Last edited by Bricktop; February 7, 2013, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Good time to remind everyone of my position on this thing - I am not supporting this move from Captain Burrell to go looking for players to represent Jamaica. We did this for 1998 and four World Cup campaigns later we are still doing it.

The JFF must invest in real development in Jamaica's football. For those UB40s who may genuinely be interested, they should declare themselves early in the campaign. No one should have to come knocking at their doors begging them to play for Jamaica.

Now, we are where we are and because Jamaica is the only team that I support, I have no choice but to give Team Jamaica 100% support.

This historic draw with Mexico may do wonders for the U20 team that is now in Mexico preparing for their tournament. Their coach, Luciano Gama, had attended Mexico's last friendly and may have been the reason why we competed so effectively against them last night. I hope he can bring the U20s some success as well.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                          Lovell got beaten far too easily jumping into tackles...not a stellar game from him...sorry Demar i meant...
                          Agree with you Bricky. As the hexnprogresses he willmbecome more exposed.

Comment

yep, something close to what I expected. Demar is not a real left back, good thing we have Elliot and Rudy tracking in the middle. Wasn't a great game from him but his game will only be great when he is doing offensively.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Development must continue but there is alway a time to add one and two players to the squad.

Nuffa the man them get a second chance in the Caribbean cup and never nail it.

Comment

Working...
                              X