The African Nations Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The African Nations Cup

Saw some highlights tonight of the games. I am surprised by the many drawn games. I wish we could see these games on tv here in the USA. These games are always exciting as these African nations don't hold back when they play each other.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

There is something i just cant understand. Karl, Twan, Skeng D, OJ unuh help me out. How is it when Gervinho playing for Ivory Coast he looks the real deal and him not putting the performances for the Gunners?

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      Saw some highlights tonight of the games. I am surprised by the many drawn games. I wish we could see these games on tv here in the USA. These games are always exciting as these African nations don't hold back when they play each other.
      Try ESPN3.com or the Watch ESPN App.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
        There is something i just cant understand. Karl, Twan, Skeng D, OJ unuh help me out. How is it when Gervinho playing for Ivory Coast he looks the real deal and him not putting the performances for the Gunners?
        Truth is when he plays for the GUNNERS he does everything right but consistent scoring. He is quick. He is creative. There is not one opponent he cannot go by...fact, he does go by them. He gets in good positions. ...then he most often misses.

His kicking technique is surprisingly p^%$$ poor! Short passing is not his problem. ...but passing over long distances is a problem and shooting on or about the edge of penalty-area or beyond...most often he scuffs his attempts.

Having said the above - His goal against Togo was superb! TOP OF THE WORLD stuff!
        Last edited by Karl; January 22, 2013, 05:18 PM.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Truth is when he plays for the GUNNERS he does everything right but consistent scoring. He is quick. He is creative. There is not one opponent he cannot go by...fact, he does go by them. He gets in good positions. ...then he most often misses.

His kicking technique is surprisingly p^%$$ poor! Short passing is not his problem. ...but passing over long distances is a problem and shooting on or about the edge of penalty-area or beyond...most often he scuffs his attempts.

Having said the above - His goal against Togo was superb! TOP OF THE WORLD stuff!
          Agreed, I hope he can go on to fulfill is potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH5ncgltNRw

Comment

confidence!!!

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ate-guide.html

Comment

There's an old hockey saying...Some guys play better for their flag (country) than the crest (team logo)'

Comment

Fireworks today. Mali, with arguably the most skillful players on the planet take on Ghana at Port Elizabeth. That should be exciting from start to finish. Also DR Congo playing Niger another great one. Today will be an exciting day in South Africa.

Comment

gervinho impressive and on the scoresheet again.

Comment

Working...
                      X