• Show
Clear All

• EXCITING RED STRIPE CHAMPIONS CUP FINAL

Press Release

Subject: EXCITING RED STRIPE CHAMPIONS CUP FINAL AHEAD

EXCITING RED STRIPE CHAMPIONS CUP FINAL AHEAD
    Sponsors Promise Fun-Filled Package for Spectators and Winning Team

Kingston, Jamaica, April 4, 2007-

Top class football won’t be the only thing taking centre stage at the Harbour View Mini-Stadium, when the Red Stripe Champions Cup Final takes place this Sunday, April 8 at the Harbour View Mini Stadium. Fans in attendance can look forward to top-class knockout football with 2005 champions Portmore United, led by Onandi Lowe and Kevin Deer, up against a sizzling Boys’ Town, steered by coach Andrew Price, for the Red Stripe Champions Cup Crown and the $650,000 cash prize that goes to the winning team. Voicemail will be in performance at halftime, while Renaissance Disco provides musical entertainment throughout. Tony Matterhorn will entertain the winning team in the after party planned specifically as a celebration event for the winning team immediately following the trophy presentation. MCs Ity and Fancy Cat will deliver the laughs and Red Stripe prizes in the true spirit of “Living Red”.

In addition to the final match at 6:00p.m., there will be a special treat when select media and celebrity football teams take to the fields in a friendly match-up at 4:00p.m.

Group Marketing Manager at Red Stripe, Carlo Redwood is excited about the entertainment package. “We can promise everyone that there will be lots in store for the finals, from the music, live artistes, and prizes, to the exciting and competitive football being played by Portmore United and Boys Town. We expect a great climax to the season, and we are sure that no one will be disappointed.”

The Red Stripe Champions Cup final will be broadcast on Fox Soccer Channel, SportsMax and CVM-TV. This will be seen by audiences in the USA and the United Kingdom on Fox Soccer Channel, 18 Caribbean countries via SportsMax’s broadcast, and throughout Jamaica on CVM-TV.

The Red Stripe Champions Cup season has been exposed to an international audience through SportsMax and CVM-TV’s production of 4 highlights packages which is shown on SportsMax and CVM-TV and in heavy rotation by SportsMax on Fox Soccer Channel, as well as the semi-final matches that were shown live to an international audience on March 25.

Newton Robertson, Chief Operating Officer of SportsMax commented, “The finals is a culmination of a quality Champions Cup season, where the depth of talent that Jamaica possesses at the g****************roots level is now available for viewing by the world at large, and in particular to the Jamaican diaspora.”
    Last edited by Tilla; April 8, 2007, 12:24 PM.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Re: Exciting Red Stripe Champions Cup Final

Admission: $500.00
    ...and dont you holla

Comment

RE: EXCITING RED STRIPE CHAMPIONS CUP FINAL

Let me see. When I go to watch a Kansas City Wizards game, I could spend $20 to $25 easily for a ticket. So if they charge J$500 that is approximately $7.70 for a ticket. Still very reasonable for those who can afford it. I know there is also the school of thought that the Jamaican dollar is the Jamaican dollar and has to be weighed in the economy in which it is being spent. Because I have lived out of the country for so long, this is the only frame of reference I have and is comparing it to the value I know.

I wish I could pay $7.70 a ticket to go anywhere.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

RE: EXCITING RED STRIPE CHAMPIONS CUP FINAL

OK. Who's going?? Mosiah? Balla? link me on my Ja # (the one with the 7's head gone). Coming in tomorrow at 12:30pm. My Uncle died, funeral on Tuesday. Don't know what's planned for Sunday but link me still.

Comment

Exile, may not be able to go to the match, but I need to speak with you. I'll give you a call at that 7's number.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

This match is far from exciting. And the quality of football is even worse! The second half better improve dramatically!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The match was lousy! ...but, the presentation...technical presentation by SportsMax was OK! I thought the commentators could have been better prepared. Not enough facts on teams, players, Jamaica's football...and for that matter, on the football being played.

Come on...we can do better than that.

There was for example histroy of our All-Island KO competition, history of the teams, stats on the players, stats on the coaches, ...etc, etc. that should fill gaps and 'flesh out' the presentation by McNab and the other gentleman.

There were some comments that were able and some that were and or crazy
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
              X