X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sturridge sizes up Utd

Controversial, but a great way to get the fans on side
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...n-England.html

DANIEL STURRIDGE has had a dig at Manchester United ahead of Sunday’s showdown by claiming Liverpool are the “biggest club” in England.

The striker joined the Reds in a £12million move from European champions Chelsea last week.

And the Kop new boy is adamant he has joined the nation’s biggest team — even though Liverpool sit 21 points behind league leaders United going into this weekend’s Old Trafford clash.

The striker, who began his career at Manchester City, said: “It is the biggest club I have ever played for.

“In the Premier League, there is no bigger club than Liverpool.”

Sturridge, who bagged on his debut against Mansfield in the FA Cup, also hailed manager Brendan Rodgers for giving him the chance to move to Anfield.

He added: “I thank the boss for giving me an opportunity to play for a club like this and I thank God for making it possible.

“It’s amazing for the manager to put such faith in me. The only way I can repay him is by doing a job on the football field.

“For him to pay money for me and to have faith in me and show everybody around the world that he is prepared to take a chance on me, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to repay him for that.

“As a young player, when you play for big clubs you can sometimes get caught up in it and you never get another opportunity to play for another big club.

“So I’m grateful the manager has given me this chance and that he believes in me. I’m just glad to be here.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz2HPx1kJcA
    Last edited by Karl; January 8, 2013, 07:48 PM.

Originally posted by GazX View Post
    Controversial, but a great way to get the fans on side
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...n-England.html

DANIEL STURRIDGE has had a dig at Manchester United ahead of Sunday’s showdown by claiming Liverpool are the “biggest club” in England.
    The striker joined the Reds in a £12million move from European champions Chelsea last week.
    And the Kop new boy is adamant he has joined the nation’s biggest team — even though Liverpool sit 21 points behind league leaders United going into this weekend’s Old Trafford clash.
    The striker, who began his career at Manchester City, said: “It is the biggest club I have ever played for.
    “In the Premier League, there is no bigger club than Liverpool.”
    Sturridge, who bagged on his debut against Mansfield in the FA Cup, also hailed manager Brendan Rodgers for giving him the chance to move to Anfield.
    He added: “I thank the boss for giving me an opportunity to play for a club like this and I thank God for making it possible.
    “It’s amazing for the manager to put such faith in me. The only way I can repay him is by doing a job on the football field.
    “For him to pay money for me and to have faith in me and show everybody around the world that he is prepared to take a chance on me, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to repay him for that.
    “As a young player, when you play for big clubs you can sometimes get caught up in it and you never get another opportunity to play for another big club.
    “So I’m grateful the manager has given me this chance and that he believes in me. I’m just glad to be here.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz2HPx1kJcA
    LOL, didn't he say the same thing about Bolton?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Irrespective, Sturridge has lots to prove.

He and the Uruguyan will ask many questions of ManUr.

Can't wait!!!
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post

Can't wait!!!
        I wonder if Suarez have a nick name for Sturridge yet? That's one question that Manur might have for my boy? LOL!!!! I feel good about this game.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I think we should use the 4-4-2 formation with RvP and Hernandez as strikers.
          we were flat in our last game against that mid table team so I would definitely start Young with Valencia on the opposing wing. Kawaga and Cleverly or Carrick in the midfield.Evra and Rafael as wing backs with Vidic alongside Ferdinand in as central defenders.De Gea as the starting keeper.
          Midfield lacking steel either way.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post

Can't wait!!!
            Every team has asked questions of MU this season. They've handled most of them really well.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

He thinks Pool will enjoy the majority of possessions at OT.
              Pity Rooney will not be available but Hernandez has adapted well to his new role as a starter.

Comment

OK, you had got that off your chest. ...now, shut up! Be wary of the media. Work hard at TEAM...give on the pitch and you shall receive on the pitch. Particularly work hard to feed Suarez and your reward will be goals in abundance - give and you shall receive!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                  He thinks Pool will enjoy the majority of possessions at OT.
                  Pity Rooney will not be available but Hernandez has adapted well to his new role as a starter.
                  Possession nuh worry we .... goals win football games.

Comment

Working...
                  X