So since Messi and Inestia plays for Barca

• So since Messi and Inestia plays for Barca

the footballing world is gonna crown one of them player of the year meanwhile the man that led his team to La Liga glory, scoring against EVERY opponent will again be on the outside looking in. I guess winning a trophy isn't that important anymore as long as yuh play for Barca. Oh yes, they won Copa del Rey.

Who chooses? is it by popular vote? and what are the criteria for being short-listed?

I don't know the answer to the above but it might clarify the rationale for choosing one player over another... in Messi's case it is very hard to overlook 90 odd goals in a calendar year, trophy or no trophy... maybe the Copa del Rey is enough to push him over the top... not saying he will win but...

Who chooses? is it by popular vote? and what are the criteria for being short-listed?

I don't know the answer to the above but it might clarify the rationale for choosing one player over another... in Messi's case it is very hard to overlook 90 odd goals in a calendar year, trophy or no trophy... maybe the Copa del Rey is enough to push him over the top... not saying he will win but...
      Captains, coaches and some sports journalists. 90+ goals and winning only Copa del Rey? Fernando Torres and Juan Mata won Fa Cup, UCL and Euro Championship. Why they not in the mix? Oh yes ... they don't play for Barca.

Ok thanks... I really believe that it is almost impossible to overlook that goal scoring achievement... plus Barca finished second in La Liga and were UCL finalists so you cannot discount that... and Torres?? really? Mata, maybe... It's a Barca conspiracy you're saying? hmmmm.....

They were not UCL finalist a team that finshed 5th in the EPL knocked them out in the semis with Torres (Really) scoring on them.

We (including me) all love to watch Barca and all these people with the right to vote all seem to think they cannot look at players outside of Barca. When Inestia won MVP at the Euros he was shocked, his immediate response was "how? I didn't even score a goal!"

cast your vote den nuh? nuh the same process dem use every year?

I stand corrected... semi-finalists.

So you would vote Torres over Messi?.. ok then.

They were not UCL finalist a team that finshed 5th in the EPL knocked them out in the semis with Torres (Really) scoring on them.

We (including me) all love to watch Barca and all these people with the right to vote all seem to think they cannot look at players outside of Barca. When Inestia won MVP at the Euros he was shocked, his immediate response was "how? I didn't even score a goal!"
                So who do you think should have won it at the Euros? And who for the Ballon D'Or?

Is one man win Trophy or a team ?

Di ongly reason Real Madrid win is cause Villa was absent for most of the season..

Wrong year for your bad mind rant against Barca... di man bruk a 40 year record..

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                    Is one man win Trophy or a team ?

Di ongly reason Real Madrid win is cause Villa was absent for most of the season..

Wrong year for your bad mind rant against Barca... di man bruk a 40 year record..

Bad mind, I was waiting for someone to come with that. I respect Messi like everyone else, but scoring 90+ goals and not winning a major trophy doesn't make him the winner of the award. Based on your argument then maybe Villa should get it then?

how about breaking a world record for goals scored in a calendar year?

Still didn't win anything significant Gamma. Look at the trend, didn't most winners of the award win a major trophy that year?

I stand corrected... semi-finalists.

So you would vote Torres over Messi?.. ok then.
                          I was being sarcastic when I mentioned Torres' name PR.

Winning something is the criterion for World Player of the Year?

I have a few players here in Jamaica who won the Manning Cup and Olivier Shield. Why didn't they get nominated?

Winning something is the criterion for World Player of the Year?

I have a few players here in Jamaica who won the Manning Cup and Olivier Shield. Why didn't they get nominated?
                              Ssssshh Mosiah.