No announcement yet.

Suarez hand ball....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where sentencing in concerned character evidence of reputation in the community is very relevant and often used, i know that because i am a lawyer.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      where sentencing in concerned character evidence of reputation in the community is very relevant and often used, i know that because i am a lawyer.
      No wonder so much innocent people deh pan death row? I wonder how many judges must have thought when hearing a murder case of an accused ghetto youth: "He's black, therefore he must have done it". This is the real world's equivalent to football's: "It's Suarez, therefore he must be guilty...". No matter if the man invents the cure for cancer, y'all will always condemn him even when his infractions (were they committed by say - Thierry Henry -) are understandable.

You should be asking yourself why the authorities can't bring themselves to give the referees (the one group of people who need the technology most but don't have it) the tools needed to make these calls accurately. But yeah...gwaan cry down Suarez...that'll fix the problem.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I don't have a problem with that... but are we talking about "sentencing" or "conviction"? the point is there is nothing to assist the "police" (refs) to charge the accused so that sentencing can be applied.

As I said I have no problem with appropriate sentencing for guilty offences, but if the authorities fail to put appropriate and simple solutions in place to aid the detection of misdemanours then the "guilty" will get away with murder so to speak...and in this case I do not see his handball as outrageous... the refs FAILED in their duties!
        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
          I don't have a problem with that... but are we talking about "sentencing" or "conviction"? the point is there is nothing to assist the "police" (refs) to charge the accused so that sentencing can be applied.

As I said I have no problem with appropriate sentencing for guilty offences, but if the authorities fail to put appropriate and simple solutions in place to aid the detection of misdemanours then the "guilty" will get away with murder so to speak...and in this case I do not see his handball as outrageous... the refs FAILED in their duties!
          As they did when they denied him a goal at Everton (a goal that would have him level at the top of the scoring charts with RvP by the way), but of course, that mess up by the officials was Suarez's fault too. When it comes to Suarez, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. Peeps like Mo and Gamma won't ever see past their disdain for the man to ever give him the benefit of the doubt, even when there is no doubt.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

you are being disingenuous now and that is a shame. where henry is concerned look at what happpened, my comment and henry's subsequent actions.

suarez is what he is, a pig's ear and a lout! unnuh can blame the system, language barrier every damn thing but that does not change the essence of suarez, a brilliant football player and at the same time a cheat of the highest order.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

you are being disingenuous now and that is a shame. where henry is concerned look at what happpened, my comment and henry's subsequent actions.

suarez is what he is, a pig's ear and a lout! unnuh can blame the system, language barrier every damn thing but that does not change the essence of suarez, a brilliant football player and at the same time a cheat of the highest order.
              Gamma - no disingenuousness my friend. The truth of the matter is that even if Suarez is all that you say he is, nothing that he will ever do will be good enough and everything that he does - no matter how "innocent"- will be more "evidence" of his "loutishness" to the demagogues. If one objectively looks at Suarez's actions on the field since his lamentable and comical dive against Stoke earlier in the season, his onfield actions have been exemplary, the lone exception being the handball yesterday. Correct me if I'm wrong. But no one will ever give him credit for that, will they?

And of course, all that and you still can't see (or admit) that the officials need help. Had they called that the right way - i.e. free kick to Mansfield Town - this wouldn't be a story...nor would it have been had the same infraction been committed by anyone but Suarez. "Damned if you do...damned if you don't" and I'm the one being disingenuous.

Comment

what are we saying... its not a big deal.. LS will push the limits as he competes... I dont think he sees it as cheating.. he will do whatever the ref allow him to do.. The ref missed it.. simply an issue for the refs to deal with.. not sure why both the ref and the assistant missed it. .. Maybe Fifa has to go to similar rules as the NFL and review every scoring play.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                  what are we saying... its not a big deal.. LS will push the limits as he competes... I dont think he sees it as cheating.. he will do whatever the ref allow him to do.. The ref missed it.. simply an issue for the refs to deal with.. not sure why both the ref and the assistant missed it. .. Maybe Fifa has to go to similar rules as the NFL and review every scoring play.
                  Precisely!!! Had it been any other player, the press wouldn't be all over it, but Suarez controversy evidently sells lots of papers. This headline says it perfectly: "Officials Miss Call, Suarez Gets the Blame"...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...world-football

Comment

Touche!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So, while the authorities in Jamaica turned a blind eye from the happenings in Tivoli Gardens when the entire world knew what was going on, no blame should be pegged to the Don.

I understand you now.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                        Peeps like Mo and Gamma won't ever see past their disdain for the man to ever give him the benefit of the doubt, even when there is no doubt.
                        Tell me when Suarez is sold so I can jump back on to the wagon I have been on for the last 40 years!

Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Please point out to me just one occasion when you have not defended his action.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            Please point out to me just one occasion when you have not defended his action.
                            Read my initial post that started this thread - I said it was a hand ball and that there were 3 others that Liverpool perpetrated that should have been given. So there. I will order the dunce cap for you. Mean time, you can borrow Gamma own!!

Comment

There ain't no cap, dunce or otherwise, that can fit this head! So, let's get that outta the way.

Yes, we all know it was a handball, but why did it have to be Suarez AGAIN!!! That's what we cap-wearers are wondering!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                                There ain't no cap, dunce or otherwise, that can fit this head! So, let's get that outta the way.

Yes, we all know it was a handball, but why did it have to be Suarez AGAIN!!! That's what we cap-wearers are wondering!
                                Mo, you have to look past that - he is a hungry footballer and will always find himself in these situations. YOu have to admit he has stopped the diving, havent seen him spit, nor has he been faking injury or trying to kick anyone down. I think even he saw how ridiculous he looked when he tried to tief a penalty against stoke, and maybe that straightened him out. Also, I think BR has a better management approach that works with Suarez. Even so, WHEN IS FIFA GOING TO GET REAL ABOUT SOLVING THESE INFRACTIONS???? :yawn:

Comment

Working...
                                X