• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraser heads to Mexico

Fraser heads to Mexico

Published: Tuesday | January 1, 2013 1 Comment

Sean Fraser

KINGSTON (CMC):SIDELINED [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Reggae[/COLOR][/COLOR] Boy, Sean Fraser, is set to play in the Mexican league next season, following two impressive seasons in El Salvador's premier league.
    Fraser is expected to sign with second division club, Pumas Morelos, in Mexico's Ascenso MX League, when the January transfer window opens.
    The 28-year-old Jamaican is considered one of the most feared strikers in El Salvador's Primera Division, playing for his club Alianza.
    "It doesn't get better than Mexico in the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]CONCACAF [COLOR=blue !important]region[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] because I don't have enough caps to play in England. I have got offers to play for Coventry City before and I couldn't take the offer because I wasn't available to get a work permit because of lack of playing for Jamaica," Fraser explained.
    "So I have to look elsewhere where I can ply my trade and so on, but for that offer that I have for Mexico, I think it's a better offer than all that I have had so far and it's a good league. A lot of good players play in Mexico."
    Fraser created history by becoming the first Caribbean player to win the Golden Boot in Central American soccer, after finishing as the top scorer in El Salvador premier league with 15 goals last season.
    However, his prolific goalscoring could not prevent Alianza from losing in the finals in a penalty shoot-out.
    Fraser's last game with the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Reggae [COLOR=blue !important]Boyz[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] was in May when he played 10 minutes against Guyana in [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Montego [COLOR=blue !important]Bay[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] after being sidelined for three years.
    He says he is confused, but does not intend to worry over his exclusion from the national set-up.
    "I don't know what the problem is because wherever I go I keep performing. I keep scoring goals. I am past the stage where I worry if Jamaica is going to call me," said the former [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Harbour [COLOR=blue !important]View[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] and Portmore United player, who has also plied his trade in North America, Trinidad and Tobago, Puerto Rico and Brazil.
    "Obviously, I would love to play for my country...but I am not going to worry about that anymore. I have passed that stage. If they call me I go without a doubt, but if they don't call me what can I do? I just have to stay and play my club football."
    Fraser is scheduled to leave Jamaica tomorrow for Mexico.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

How many caps does he have?
    Peter R

Comment

I've always asked about this guy. Why isn't he called more often to the national side? I would think that playing and consistently performing and delivering the goods in these foreign leagues must account for something. Mosiah what's your thoughts?
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Mexico is a good move , pity Div 2 , but I see him rising to the Mexican La liga MX...best Salaries some say in the Americas, granted its controlled by media gustapo big whigs.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I believe he was in camp prior to a WC qualifier or the Caribbean Cup just recently. He did not make the cut.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Would love to hear why. I wish him all the best. He seems to be a hard worker.

Comment

ah well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                I believe he was in camp prior to a WC qualifier or the Caribbean Cup just recently. He did not make the cut.
                I don't believe he was called up for the CC, but he should have. If I recall correctly, he has good first touch, vision, and can play at a very fast pace. Lets see how he does in Mexico...

Comment

And I believe you are right. He was not called recently.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

his experience playing against the central american in thei league oght o b invaluable

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                    X