Reading FC fighting to stay up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading FC fighting to stay up!

Must say that I never knew much about Reading FC until late last season and their great run in the Championship. now they are struggling in the EpL but I like the fight exhibited by the side and the belief you feel coming from the players in their ability to compete in the world's best football league.

The side truly intrigues me and it will be great to see if this non EpL talent side as some say, can battle their way through the rest of the season and stay up.
    The. Jamaicans on the side are clearly a critical part of the mix and you could clearly see the passion and determination in Mariappa to will the side to a point yesterday which they came pretty close to doing. Mcanuff did not do a lot yesterday but clearly the side was playing very much in a d mode, determined to get a point on the road against MC yesterday after the string of defeats where they have been pretty close but have unlucky like the Manu game where they had multiple chances to lock up shop but continued playing too open a style after obtaining two leads in the game. That was not the case versus arsenal of course, that was not close.

My interest in the Epl this year revolves around Reading, I will be watching with interest as this second rate, non Epl team battles the best and here is to them winning a few, drawing a few getting some results and staying up!

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
    Mcanuff did not do a lot yesterday
    Yuh mean yuh didn't notice him providing support and all the other things that some of us thought he was doing?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

On the offensive side they just could not put together a meaningful counter for most of the game. They played some good defense which means everybody was back, filling space, giving no holes, which s what you must o when playing superior opponents defense has to e hard core and the more athletic,interceptor, natural defenders you have the better.

I would love to see Mcanuff go back to playing the attacking mid that he was supposedly so good at earlier in his career.

Comment

On the offensive side they just could not put together a meaningful counter for most of the game. They played some good defense which means everybody was back, filling space, giving no holes, which s what you must o when playing superior opponents defense has to e hard core and the more athletic,interceptor, natural defenders you have the better.

I would love to see Mcanuff go back to playing the attacking mid that he was supposedly so good at earlier in his career.
        Yeah! Me too!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Hee hahaha!

Comment

Reading grabs a point, one tiny step forward.

Playing a committed 4-5-1 instead of 4-4-2 which actually looked in attack more like 4-2-4, worse on the counter the defense really looked like 4-2-4 against Manu and Arsenal game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20826561

Comment

Three more points, Reading beats West Ham.

Comment

The beat a hard fighting team in Sam's West Ham.
                Kudos to Reading!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I think too many of us underestimate the power of shared vision, conviction, chemistry and hard work.

Here we have ordinary ballers, some even say rubbish ballers playing highly talented, superior ballers and giving them all they can take, I love it!

I see many of these things in the Reading team so my interest in this years EPL has zoomed way up!

Comment

Have you switched to believing that across the EPL the standard of play is the best ever?
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Not quite there yet, but most interesting year since 2005 for me.

Comment

I think too many of us underestimate the power of shared vision, conviction, chemistry and hard work.
                        What are you talking about, Stoni! Did we not draw twice with the great Brazil? Do you think for one minute that it was our talent that did it?!?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Saw them both and we were magnificent! Brazil may have been just an edge more experienced ...but having not been exposed to the type high quality technical and tactical games the Brazilian players were, we sure as hell did not take a backseat 'on talent'!

Comment

Great win by Reading today, coming from 2-0 down.

Reading 3-2 West Brom

Comment

Them bring on the man them who should be starting.

Comment

Working...
                              X