Look how many CD pairing MU has

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look how many CD pairing MU has

used already this season? 10 different pairings.

Vidic and Carrick – two games, three conceded
    Ferdinand and Vidic – two games, two conceded
    Evans and Vidic – one game, none conceded
    Evans and Ferdinand – nine games, 14 conceded
    Wootton and Vermijl – one game, one conceded
    Evans and Carrick – one game, two conceded
    Wootton and Keane – one game, five conceded
    Smalling and Evans – two games, one conceded
    Smalling and Ferdinand – two games, three conceded
    Jones and Carrick – one game, one conceded

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2DzwZKRD8
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Ferdinand is the weakest link with 19 goals against. I like a Evans/Smalling pairing.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yuh ave nuff cover!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Yuh ave nuff cover!
        Nuff cover, the defense come in like a brothel. Anybody can score. Afterall, Reading scored 3.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
          Ferdinand is the weakest link with 19 goals against. I like a Evans/Smalling pairing.
          Why? Remember, they played one game against Andy Carroll. Here is a dude who couldn't score in a brothel ..even if the goody a gi whey fi free.

Comment

Ferdinand, Giggs, Scholes, Carrick and to a lesser extent Vidic (he needs to prove that he's fully back before I jump on his waggon) all need to start seeing much less game time.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              Ferdinand, Giggs, Scholes, Carrick and to a lesser extent Vidic (he needs to prove that he's fully back before I jump on his waggon) all need to start seeing much less game time.
              Did you really list Carrick? Dude ... there is a reason Carrick only miss one EPL game all season.

Comment

Carrick is often underrated. He is one TOP OF THE WORLD player who just goes about his business with no fuss. Great on defense! Great on attack! I honestly cannot find a flaw in his game!!! Always available on support! Assists in provision of link between attack & defense/defense and attack!!!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  Carrick is often underrated. He is one TOP OF THE WORLD player who just goes about his business with no fuss. Great on defense! Great on attack! I honestly cannot find a flaw in his game!!! Always available on support! Assists in provision of link between attack & defense/defense and attack!!!
                  "Carrick is often underrated"

All his years at MU he has been underrated.

Comment

Ah doan know why him nuh stay wid Vidic and Ferdinand dat seem dem most effective partnership, wid Jones fi replace if either get injured.

Comment

Evans is the weakest link. His concentration is horrible.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Not according to the stats. I think the problem is Ferdinand and him as a pair. Ferdinand is not controlling the defense like how Vidic does. Evans is more mobile and that allows a rock like Vidic to clean up his mistakes because he's further back than Evans. A good defensive pairing requires one to call the shots, usually the last man.

Comment

Originally posted by myYout View Post
                          Ah doan know why him nuh stay wid Vidic and Ferdinand dat seem dem most effective partnership, wid Jones fi replace if either get injured.
                          Injury.

Comment

you can't use stats. Rio is the elder and the last man, Evans need to go in with more conviction. You notice two of the goals scored on saturday was his fault but it will never show up on the stats as he was nowhere near the ball when it scored. When you have to central defenders, both can't be backing off at the same time. If you notice when Smalling is in it is easier cause his teammates know when he is going to tackle and when to pull back. I think Fergie gave evans another chance but he is going to have to bring Smalling or Jones in.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Smalling is more physical, especially aerially, and I prefer him in CD than at RB. However, I still believe that the weakness lies with Ferdinand not commanding his defense as much as Vidic does. Maybe that's the "real" reason why Vidic got the captaincy from him. Evra gets caught out of position a lot, but in such an attacking side, the midfield has to shuffle around to offer some cover - actually on both sides. That's where we need that anchor midfielder. Fergie made an excellent change in taking off Rafael. Even though the defensive side of his game has improved over the last few games, Saturday he was being schooled by McAnuff and got a yellow. That' s where an excellent coach has to make unpopular decisions. If yuh had jook Rafael, him woulda buss. If we had gone down to 10 men, then I don't think we could have won the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X