RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 4? - Based on Liverpool's style of play...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 4? - Based on Liverpool's style of play...

...no surprise if they are there!

I pick Lverpool to finish in the top 4!
    Yes!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

...and just look at the numbers in with a look-in?

BoyU
    ManCity
    Liverpool
    Tottenham
    Chelsea
    West Ham
    Norwich
    Swansea
    Everton
    West Brom

GUNNERS?
    We have the players to be in the top 3...but at this stage it sure looks unlikely

Sure looks like a tough league! So may teams playing 'football'. Do not think...I know I have never seen, in the same season, so many EPL teams playing good TEAM football! ...and that suggests points can/shall be lost when least expected!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

Yes!
      Karl in spite of what others might say I like the wy you think . but even tho' Im a Liverpool fan im not as optimistic as you... but here's to you being right
      Peter R

Comment

Liverpool has been doing most things right...but scoring as often as needed. When Suarez stars trusting Sterling, using Stevie G more and a few others around him a little more he shall start getting more chances, Sterling will be encouraged to shoot when he has the clear shoot and Stevie G will start getting more opportunities at goal.

Suarez hates losing and has made changes to his play - he shares the ball a little more. That tall guy X loves to call a rucks...http://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/firs...o-shelvey...is a very good player and will become, if he remains healthy a key player and goalscorer.

Rodgers has done a good job...he has just been a tad unlucky!

I hate to say your TEAM could push my GUNNERS a rung lower.

*Caution: My GUNNERS have the players. Needed - Arsene to wake up and then step to his players and wake them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

Yes!
          good move Karl !!

now we know that they will finish 5th !!
          Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
              Karl in spite of what others might say I like the wy you think . but even tho' Im a Liverpool fan im not as optimistic as you... but here's to you being right
              Peter, if you look at this as objectively as one can, Liverpool are a better squad than their record suggests. As I see it, we are at a minimum 4 points better than we are right now. First - the offside goal that wasn't against Everton = +2 points and secondly, the offside that was also (arguably wasn't) against Swansea=+2 points. Add to that Skrtel's mistake against City (+2 pts), and Manure's tiefing penalty (+1 pt). Three bad calls plus one uncharacteristic mistake = +7pts which would have had us at 26 overall, level with Chelsea, Spurs and WBA but on GD in 6th spot. And I won't even talk about the penalty that was not given against Stoke (+2 points).

My LARGER ARGUMENT -- before Lazie and the dunce dem (Gamma and Jangle) start demagogue my intellectual discussion -- is that the team is better than its record suggests. Hayters please note that I accept that's how the ball bounces and that we are where we are, this is merely to point out the team's misfortunes - so 'tap unu nize before I call in my boy Al Pacino! You Cacaroach!!! Still one of the greatest flix ever.

"H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

But can Liverpool realistically move to fourth? My hope is to see the team at least in the top eight... fourth would be a bonus...
                Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                  But can Liverpool realistically move to fourth? My hope is to see the team at least in the top eight... fourth would be a bonus...
                  Peter - the odds are against us. There are 23 games left in the season. That's equivalent to 69 points. The team has 19 right now. In the last 4 seasons, 4th spot has gone to

2011-12 - Spurs 69 points
                  2010-11 - Arsenal 68 points
                  2009-10 - City 67 points
                  2008-09 - Arsenal 72 points

Arsenal had 29 points in the 2010/11 season and 26 in the 2010/11 after 15 games, as did City in 09/10. However, Spurs had 34 points after 15 games last season and ended up with 69 to get 4th place. So that should give you some hope as their second half of the year was a disaster, much like our first half. If we do as well as spurs did in their first half of the year in our second half of this year, we have a chance...especially because the league has become so competitive.

As I see it, with 69 points left to be had, we have to get a minimal record of 15 wins - 3 losses - 5 draws (50 points) to be reasonably in the frame. While it seems unlikely, it can be done as we are only 8 points off 3rd place.

"H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

...and Wigan and Newcastle not half bad! ...although I do not expect either to be in the hunt for a top 4 place. However their quality of play just underlines how 'tough' is has been and is and how tough is going to be when all teams hit top form!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X