Pepe to be recalled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepe to be recalled!

A friend of mine told me that he understands that plan is to recall 40 year old Pepe Goodison to shore up the Reggae Boyz defense. Some may say he is older than Gardner, but unlike Gardner he is playing competitively, albeit in a bottom English league.

People think the mere fact that Gardner is training with Bolton justifies his call up to the team. There are teams that will only call players if they are match fit (read this as playing competitively). We however go by a different standard. If you are allowed to train with a team and although you have not seen competitive football in more than a year, it is OK to pick you to play against match fit pros from Mexico, USA and the other countries in the Hex.

Something is not right with that picture. I say bring on Goodison. He may be as slow as molasses but he has a lion heart.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Goodison is a warrior, if the young guns can't out play him then him earn him place.

Comment

Conversely

Gardener is younger and is training with match fit professionals playing a full division above Goodison.

Comment

Tappa is fully aware that "training with Bolton" means little. Why unnu tink Tappa a eediat?!?

Anyway, they will all have a chance to prove themselves in training. I am hoping to see them play a match against the U-20s later today. I will let you know how Bibi and Dada performed.

Goodison?!? Hey, if the 25 year old defenders don't want to step up...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lord have mercy on our soul

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
            A friend of mine told me that he understands that plan is to recall 40 year old Pepe Goodison to shore up the Reggae Boyz defense. Some may say he is older than Gardner, but unlike Gardner he is playing competitively, albeit in a bottom English league.

People think the mere fact that Gardner is training with Bolton justifies his call up to the team. There are teams that will only call players if they are match fit (read this as playing competitively). We however go by a different standard. If you are allowed to train with a team and although you have not seen competitive football in more than a year, it is OK to pick you to play against match fit pros from Mexico, USA and the other countries in the Hex.

Something is not right with that picture. I say bring on Goodison. He may be as slow as molasses but he has a lion heart.
            Pepe has not been playing, not even making the bench...so he is in the same position as Bibi
            Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
              Goodison is a warrior, if the young guns can't out play him then him earn him place.
              if the young guns cant outplay him then dwag nyam wi supper

Comment

The selections show a) The technical team's thinking n the quality players available...and b) Our level of play when put against the only quality that matters, TOP World football playing standards!!!

There is also a "c"...but I am somewhat reluctant to put that "out there". Perhaps someone else will "go there"?
                Last edited by Karl; December 1, 2012, 10:44 AM.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Pepe was injured, came back on the bench a couple weeks ago. Started last week and is starting right now in the FA Cup.

Bibi, if he is being considered at left back, might be a better option than Andre Campbell or Nathan Smith or whoever else Tappa has in mind as Demar's substitute. If he is not up to scratch, drop him and if he is then it is great that he can have him with the squad in the buildup to Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
                    if the young guns cant outplay him then dwag nyam wi supper
                    LOL

Comment

The Phillips + Gardener left side does not look a bad one at this point.

Comment

Wha yuh say? Pepe Goodison is

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

c) There is no development whatsoever as evidenced by selection of a 40 year old veteran who is not exactly TOP OF THE WORLD material. In other words, the cohort from which to select is woefully poor!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by world fan View Post
                            The Phillips + Gardener left side does not look a bad one at this point.
                            but isn't Phillips + McAnuff a more viable option ?

Comment

With Bibi I say to myself,if there is a player that deserves a free ride it would be him,I am fine with that,totally different with elder Pepe,it can't be too long ago I saw him playing for the boyz and thought(then) surely his time has passed,he proved me wrong.
                              Jermaine Hue must be worried sick that Tappa will come out of retirement.

Comment

Working...
                              X