RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loserfool man dem. What are your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loserfool man dem. What are your thoughts?

Don't be foolish! Rodgers warning for Sterling as contract talks drag on

By Dominic King
    PUBLISHED: 17:45 EST, 29 November 2012 | UPDATED: 17:45 EST, 29 November 2012
    Brendan Rodgers has warned Raheem Sterling he would be foolish not to pledge his future to Liverpool as he reminded the winger of the chance he has been given.

The latest round of talks this week between Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre and Sterling’s advisors ended without a formal offer being made but Rodgers remains confident negotiations will reach a successful conclusion.

Premier League rules mean Sterling cannot sign a long-term contract until his 18th birthday – which is on December 8 – but, after the latest twist, some doubts have been raised as to whether Liverpool will reach an agreement to announce a deal on that date.

Friendly warning: Brendan Rodgers wants Raheem Sterling to commit to Liverpool

Rodgers has been adamant all along that Liverpool will not make Sterling a multi-millionaire overnight but there will be concerns that if talks stall, some of their rivals would be willing to pay lucrative terms.

'I think it is important for the club that we sign our young talents,' said Rodgers. 'But I think it is even more important for Raheem. This is a club that is going to give young players and opportunity.

'He has played more games than he could have dreamed of this season, both in the Premier League and the Europa League. Liverpool Football Club has given him the chance to become a full international player.

'So I would think if I am Raheem Sterling and his agents I would look to tie it up very quickly. This contract won’t be the biggest contract of his life. It is when he actually achieves something. What he has shown just now is fantastic potential.'

As yet there have been no official enquiries for the England international, who made his senior debut against Sweden earlier this month, but Rodgers has made it clear that Sterling should think long and hard about what is on offer for him at Anfield.

Flyer: Sterling has featured in all but one of Liverpool's Premier League games

'His next contract and the one after that (will be the big ones),' said Rodgers. 'But this is Liverpool Football Club. If you are 17 years of age and you are playing regularly you would be very foolish not to commit yourself very quickly.

'I am confident it is something that will be sorted out very soon.'

Sterling has started 13 of Liverpool’s 14 Barclays Premier League games this season and Rodgers admitted that he will have to find a suitable point in the coming weeks to take him out of the firing line. The problem is, though, that Sterling has been one of Liverpool’s best players.

'He still has technical elements he needs to improve upon and tactical elements,' said Rodgers. 'But one of the biggest things is psychological at this level – real mental fatigue can set in. He's been terrific so far, one of our leading players. But at some point he will need that breather.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2DjByQ71d
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

I like this comment:

If he got ant sense he will leave lfc to play for a better team like everton or Swansea
    - 19 TITLES , Cheshire, 30/11/2012 14:06

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2DjD3DONY
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

This bredda gonna get fired before season done

Comment

My thoughts ...aaaah saaah ..paul inna denial, we are a feeder club, mi si di rake long time , FSG inna it fi di money , marketing ..being liverpool , yuh see di footwear deal with warrior ?...lol man dem a promote dem own shoes , fi di team ...lol...dem nuh know say Balla will stay far from dat , man waah wear im nike or didadss as promo...dem bredda deh FSG mash wi good , 6 more years a diss , a suh mi see it.

Sterling- Gone
        Suarez- Gone
        Skertel-Johnson- Agger- Gone

Mi nuh blame di bredda Rodgers dis begger dan di youth coach.I am sure Arse, Chelsea,City , even Spurs ave im line up.

Pool is a sick club.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

This is probably the most idiotic statment I've heard any manager make:

'So I would think if I am Raheem Sterling and his agents I would look to tie it up very quickly. This contract won’t be the biggest contract of his life. It is when he actually achieves something. What he has shown just now is fantastic potential.'

Who buys anyone based on anything but "fantastic potential". If it is based on when a player "achieves something", then we as well go try sign Pele. If Rodgers loses Raheem, the "Being Liverpool" episode where he told him he will be on the "next plane back" will haunt him forever...but not as bad as the sudden and emphatic loss of fan confidence that he will immediately endure.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            So I would think if I am Raheem Sterling and his agents I would look to tie it up very quickly. This contract won’t be the biggest contract of his life. It is when he actually achieves something. What he has shown just now is fantastic potential.
            ********! Try tell that to some ballas in our NPL who tink dem reach!

In fact, try telling that to the managers of their clubs who are expecting million dollar contracts for their transfers!

Smh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

A weh di #@$%. Me seh Loserfool man dem. Weh the whatsitnotsit yuh nuh stay outa the Loserfool thread dem????? HL come hangle yuh fellow Sh!tty fan!!!!

Comment

A weh di #@$%. Me seh Loserfool man dem. Weh the whatsitnotsit yuh nuh stay outa the Loserfool thread dem????? HL come hangle yuh fellow Sh!tty fan!!!!
                No Jangle ... he is now the other blue .... Chelsea blue. Yuh nuh know Xodus is always on the move.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

50k for a youth who has proven himself at the youth and senior level where an england manager has to warn a national FA they have an interest in him to the point a debt is wiped out is checken feed, how much dem plan fi pay sturridge, makes u wonder how is the coach who hasnt won anything being paid.
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

On Dec 8th dem bettah line up some trong dollahs, or di yout gwaan, it easy like suh. Dem fight wi off, now dem haffi mek di price right. Wi nah tek nuh chat from no pale trait, ah suh dem like threaten people, dem tink wi easy fi frighten mek dem pay

Comment

No I want him to stay with Sh!tty. He brings dem some nice luck.

Comment

I think Brendan is making a fair statement though. At 17 he is not going to get Gerrard money and he should not. I think he is in a good club, playing regularly with a good footballing coach. At this point the expectation of Liverpool is not even that high.. I dont think it gets better than that. He needs to sign and continue to develop. Who is going to buy him the bigger clubs who will sit him down... he needs to be smart...

Comment

I am not a Chelsea nor Rafa supporter Jangle. Thanks.
                          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Same knife juk goat a it stab pig,opportunist Sterling was encouraged to pick England over the land of his birth,why wouldn't he go to a more progressive club team especially when Liverpool recognizes his worth on the field but questions it in contract negotiations?
                            Saying the next contract and the one after that will be BIG ones means he is certain of Sterling potential, to keep the prodigy they should pay handsomely as other clubs did for their prodigies.

Comment

Mek dem stay deh. Sporting Central looking a striker right now!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X