Keneil Hyde - a very smart youth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keneil Hyde - a very smart youth!

Look how many times he talks about working hard and adapting to his new environment, if he has the talent, as I have not seen him play, he will make it if his words match his actions.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...nland_13076006

These kids better be careful what they talk about agents and the writers needs to be more informed especially as it relates to the NCAA.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I read it and decided not to comment.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Another one who should stay away from the press. We really just do not adequately prepare our student athletes before they go to College.

Comment

Why do you say that? Keneil is not so bright?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

agent/college .... insurance? hmmmmm

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

A lot to 'smile' about!
              That young man laid a lot 'out in public'.
              i) His faith in his ability - Great self-worth!

ii) His level of maturity and type and strength of character - Grasp of 'his world' and recognition and willingness to 'bend' to his concept of what it shall take to arrive at his goals...or at the very least 'give it his best shot'.

iii) Oooooh...Oooooh did he misspeak or was he misrepresented on claims he had an association with an agent before, during he was at college and currently still has?

iv) Sent a message to those following behind. 'Nice' of him to be thinking of others. Good character trait.

v) Sent a message to the JFF on his availability and his aim to be a Reggae Boyz.

...and I am sure there is more.

Wish the youngman all the very best!!!
              FORWARD, Mr. Hyde!!!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Why do you say that? Keneil is not so bright?
                Why do you do often claim 'not so bright'? Besides not nice...I know it is not true. Our youngsters reflect the environment in which they grew up. Limit the exposure and you shall find a certain level of ignorance. ...as the exposure grows the so called 'not so bright' become more enlightened. ...and I would guess in your mind become 'bright'?

Sass's observation on ignorance of the NAAA rules could be one possible answer to what the report claims the youngster is reported as saying. However, it could also be that he was misrepresented.

Tek hit hee-sy, boss!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Me said he was another one who should be kept away from the press, so I was simply asking the question, why? Why would he say such a thing?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    Me said he was another one who should be kept away from the press, so I was simply asking the question, why? Why would he say such a thing?!?
                    Ignorance I guess. It is obvious that these Jamaican players need to be educated on the whole college/agent situation. The issue is a non-issue anyway since the horse has already gone out the gate. The Jamaican youths who decide to go the college route need to be educated that they cannot have agents (per NCAA rules) while in college.

I goes to show that some agents still work with these players or have agreements with them under the table so they can carry on working for the player if the player does not continue the college route. These situations happen and I know you Mosiah have been careful to avoid these situations as an agent, but the reality is it is still out there.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Wow! Is all I can say, I saw the positives only in that article, did not realize fully the firestorm on the other points.

Bottom line as you say Karl, forward and onward!

Comment

Haha Keniel, Mi use to roll ball wid him and Ryan Maxwell. Decent yute, wish him all the best. Tilla I agree with you, I like to add that the no agent rule isn't limited to NCAA schools, but also to NAIA school(which Freed-Hardeman is) and NJCAA schools also. But yes these Jamaican players need to be educated on the whole college/agent situation.

Comment

I just got call from a College coach friend of mine hoping mad. He read the article and is asking if anyone know the writer. This can be very bad for numerous other players as the clearing house read the paper and try to find info.

He states that this could affect other players going to college as there can possible voilations here that could punish the coach, the agent and have the school program suspended.

Mosiah I know when you read this article your eyes must have popped out of your head. It is hard when coaches trying to get kids into college and they make it harder for them for this kind of foolishness. This is not unique to soccer because this is the kind of things basketball and football players and colleges get suspended for.

The rule thats that student athlete has no agents and agents shouldn't contact school athlete plus not even to mention the insurance. These journalists needs to be educated as well as the athletes.

Why was all of that published???? Why we are shooting ourselves in our foot. This is the second article that have a cloud with agent. This will also turn off some well thinking agents and some college coach from even recruiting Jamaican players.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh seit!

Comment

OK! ...since question I withdraw.
                              ...and as to why he said such a thing could have been any of a number of reasons. Sass and I think included could have been ignorance...but I do not thing we should leave out the idea that there was a misunderstanding and that he could have been misquoted.

Comment

Working...
                              X