What a difference a coach makes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a difference a coach makes

no disrespect to Ramon Maradiaga who is a very good coach and did quite well with Guatemala during last WC qualifiers But Hernan Gomez has this Guatemalan team looking tougher than I ever thought they could be.

They always hadone deadly striker who could pounce at any time theywere alwaysgood with possession in midfieldbut defensively theywere weak with some weak andslow, finesse defenders.

This coach has brought in tougher players like the very 'hignarant' # 8,a fierce commitment to zonalmarking and the offside trap has cut down on the speed and size disadvantagewhich would have seen them get their regular 3 or 4 last night.

And knowing that Ruiz will stay up top and concentrate for 90 minutes they were not taking too manyrisks when they had the ball they were calm and calculated that counter will kill most teams in this region that cant concentrate for ninety minutes - in all thats not what we want to see from one of our regular beating sticks but such a drastic improvement in their approach needs applause.

Now that almost every team in CONCACAF is employing that high backline expect some boring low scoring affairs when qualifiers start. I will be watching the Gold Cup to seehow Honduras set up dem ting.
    SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

RE: What a difference a coach makes

Speaking of Carlos Ruiz Siya.....How annoying was flipping Eric Wynalda all telecast? Seriously you would need a super computer to calculate the number of idiotic fool fool statements he made during that game about Ruiz. I don't even care about Guatemala or their players but Wynalda's ignorance and downright mean spiritedness, especially when it came to Ruiz, was appalling. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

The thing with the likes of Guatemala, Costa Rica, El Slavador etc is that they have 90% of their "choice" players playing their football in their domestic league. It means that their coach can always field their best players at all times.

In Jamaica's case, 90% of our choice players play overseas...making it hard for the national coach to use his players on a regular basis. We constantly have to be drafting in new players, and as soon as these new players establish a name for themselves, they move overseas andthen the cycle begins all over.

Take a look at the squad Jamaica used vs USA last year, which ended 1-1. How many of those players played for Jamaica in their last two games?

It seems we put out a new squad of players for every game we play. Hard to build team chemistry that way.I see Bora is tryting to change this.
      President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

<DIV>Isn't it great being a farin coach? </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>You can toy with starting line-ups, you can experiment with players who can hardly make their club sides and you can play bad football for days, and no one will say a discouraging word.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Poor CB and Wendell. They had to perform from the get-go. CB once had a guillotine over his head when he was last appointed by the Captain.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>sigh</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

They have to get rid of the cheer leader announcers that they use to broadcast football in the USA. They can'tjust callthe game that's going on the field they have to get all emotional and mister Wynalda coming up with all types of conspiracy theories-the one where he was toying with danger was where he questioned a call by the ref stating, "...well he is Mexican" when he said that I couldn't believe what I was hearing on national tv.

They still think that this game is an under the radar, good ol' boys club...
          SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

Mosiah (3/30/2007)<DIV>Isn't it great being a farin coach? Poor CB and Wendell. They had to perform from the get-go.

Yuh continue to insist on comparing CB & Wendell to Bora:Laff:
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
            X