World Cup could cost Brazil $13.28 billion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup could cost Brazil $13.28 billion

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Brazil says the estimated cost of public spending on stadiums, airports and other infrastructure for the 2014 World Cup has been revised upward by more than $1.7 billion.
    The country's Audit Court says the current $13.28 billion price tag for the tournament, which will bring matches to 12 Brazilian cities, is up nearly 15 percent from the initial estimate of $11.58 billion.
    In a statement, the court said the overrun was due to the higher-than-expected cost of airport renovations and stadium construction.
    The statement noted that while work on stadiums is progressing at a "satisfactory" rate, work on airports is "moving at a slow pace."
    This year, the Brazilian government clashed with FIFA about the slow pace of preparations for the tournament.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I would like to see how that number breaks down into "football-specific" infrastructure spending vs. "general" infrastructure spending. I bet the "football-specific" part is far less than the "general".
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

We know the cost, but what about the revenues?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
        We know the cost, but what about the revenues?
        True - but I can't see it being 14B...but...
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
        X