My stand with our strikers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My stand with our strikers

I personal believe King is an Ok striker and with his baggage it is up to the coach.

I think Mattocks is the BEST talent we have. None of our strikers can head the ball as good as he does and none can run between defense like he can. After one season in the MLS is he primed for better things.

His team he plays with only use one striker and it has held up his output. Can you imagine if he had a Razov as Ralph had in Chicago to play off? I can say put him on any Championship side in England that will give him an opportunity and he would score at least 15 goals per season. Last night that was the only thing close to a chance he had while having 3 defenders on him and his side is woeful at passing the ball around.

Now match him up with Jermaine Hue, Dane Richards, Demar Phillips, and another decent striker who can also play a touch and pass ballgame. To back that up we have Rudi and Hue who can shoot from 30 yards. The only thing we need is some practise game. If we need 10 new players we may as just pick an England team then.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    I personal believe King is an Ok striker and with his baggage it is up to the coach.

I think Mattocks is the BEST talent we have. None of our strikers can head the ball as good as he does and none can run between defense like he can. After one season in the MLS is he primed for better things.

His team he plays with only use one striker and it has held up his output. Can you imagine if he had a Razov as Ralph had in Chicago to play off? I can say put him on any Championship side in England that will give him an opportunity and he would score at least 15 goals per season. Last night that was the only thing close to a chance he had while having 3 defenders on him and his side is woeful at passing the ball around.

Now match him up with Jermaine Hue, Dane Richards, Demar Phillips, and another decent striker who can also play a touch and pass ballgame. To back that up we have Rudi and Hue who can shoot from 30 yards. The only thing we need is some practise game. If we need 10 new players we may as just pick an England team then.
    With all due respect Sass, Mr Whitmore would need is head examined if he was to put his faith in a rookie striker to take us through such a crucial period in our history. I like the way you have faith in your baller however the smart money would be on a striker that has scored consistently at a descent level over a period of time. Mattocks deserve a place in the squad and will probably be ready in 2 years time when we have qualified for the World Cup. We can't be complacent we must take this opportunity with both hands.

Comment

Whoever is in the best form and who fits the coaches plan, whether rookie, old man or otherwise should lead the line at that time.

Comment

dat mi seh. if the rookie is the in form ... why not? why court raheim sterling then? him nuh rookie tuh?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yeah but England should have started Stirling though. Why because he isn't scoring in the EPL? Look at his goals. I've never seen Ja with such a goal poacher. All along Ja had forwards now Ja has a striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            dat mi seh. if the rookie is the in form ... why not? why court raheim sterling then? him nuh rookie tuh?
            EPL, MLS completely different level

Comment

One thing we know and that is Mattock can score at any level. Just give him the ball in a good position. Just look on his placement and the quality of goalie he has scored on and not giving them a chance.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                One thing we know and that is Mattock can score at any level. Just give him the ball in a good position. Just look on his placement and the quality of goalie he has scored on and not giving them a chance.
                I must admit I am very impressed by him, he has good movement and make clever runs, certainly not the typical Jamaican player. He has a big future if he can stay fit. You've seen play a lot more than i do so i will trust your judgement on that!

Comment

What Mattocks and Sterling have in common is they are not afraid, have hunger and a swag that say "I can do it". They will need a more expericence striker around to assist and advice but you can see the "fire".

Comment

Hole dung deh, membah Simoes put him trust inna one 17years old 1998 an dat was a stroke a genius in hindsight.

Comment

Originally posted by myYout View Post
                      Hole dung deh, membah Simoes put him trust inna one 17years old 1998 an dat was a stroke a genius in hindsight.
                      A true that!

Comment

"certainly not the typical Jamaican player" That's what grabs me about him.
                        he has a nose for the goal and most of his goals he is not even looking at the goal itself. I wouldn't even listen to the talk about not having no one and one skills. Which Jakan attacking player doesn't have that. He makes excellent use of zone 14 and he is fully aware of the goal when in this area.

If he can keep this up and work to improve himself he will go far. He needs INT'L games though for the world to know him. As sass says he has no fear.

Comment

Is not everyday I agree with you Jawge, but I must this time. Mattocks looks like a special one.
                          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Aah, it's getting real crazy now.I'm down with the Mayans

Seriously though; he is the first real striker I see for the Rboyz. He will make waves.

Comment

Working...
                            X