Remember when????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember when????

“Back in the 1998 campaign, we had an airline sponsor (American Airlines) where we got heavily discounted or even free tickets, but we don’t have that anymore. We have to fly our players in from all over the world, so that makes the situation much more challenging,” he said.

Them days yardman a lick out how American Airline fi sponsor a yard team. Now we don't have an Airline sponsor and the JFF a bawl. I wonder what the critics have to say now.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

We better try get virgin, only that King still couldn't travel on it.LOL
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It all comes down to effective and creative management/marketing by the JFF. One of the mistakes I think they made was resigning with KAPPA. They didn't do enough to get a better and more lucrative kit deal, as you had Warrior Sports and Under Armour (who are next door) making concerted efforts to carve out their niche in international football, but no contact was made.

Comment

Please Assasin! That's not entirely true. Many of us already accepted that American Airlines' reach was much wider than Air Jamaica's, so we did not have a problem with it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And unnuh waan Raheem come be a part of this circus?

Comment

Heh heh! England outtaordah still!

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...usters-England

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Do we know that "no contact was made"? We did not have an attractive product some years ago, after we failed to make the Hex on two or three successive occasions!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

gwann talk. There was a lot of people on this forum talking crap. Talk for yourself, not "we".

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  gwann talk. There was a lot of people on this forum talking crap. Talk for yourself, not "we".
                  If they were on about American Airlines vs. Air Jamaica as sponsors, then you are right, they were talking crap. Sponsorship 101 says that you take the most amount of money for the longest period of time that you can get from a reputable sponsor. Home grown bias (e.g. Air Jamaica vs. American Airlines) is a fool's errand. Even England are dropping Umbro (English) for Nike (American) in 2013 forward, AND UMBRO'S CONTRACT IS NOT SET TO EXPIRE UNTIL 2018!!!! This means (presumably) that England will have to pay a break up fee, but clearly, it must be worth it. Did any of you call Nike for the JFF? If we were smart, we'd bowl out Puma and give them JFF and Bolt in a two-fer.
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Your examples are the clear point TopBrick was making about Sterling.

There are a lot more advantages selecting England--over playing for Jamaica.

I could not understand what was difficult in this to understand:
                    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Was told that no "official/credible" contact was made.....Companies do their research and can see the potential "rewards". They are aware of the players you have at your disposal, in Europe, and that your past failures were not a result of a lack of talent. They are also aware of the attraction to a good Jamaican product and the Jamaican culture in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if Nike would buy out the Umbro contract. They wanted to buy out Bolt's old Puma contract, but Bolt wouldn't agree.

Comment

Working...
                        X