Endorsement of Footballers & other athletes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
    Sunderland paid 13 million pounds for Gyan based on his performance at the WC...who has a better chance of making it to the WC QF Jamaica or England? So how the hell can you all tell me that starring at a WC or Euro tournament does not translate to a financial boon for a player?
    Calm down Bricky. The WC can get you noticed by a club for a coontract, and subsequently endorsements while playing for that club. The WC is basically every 4 years, if you are talking about the big dance, and the ultimate exposure. These companies nowadays want more frequent exposure than that, and please don't tell me the Olympics is the same 4 years, because the difference is obvious. So it makes sense that club level is where the endorsement is. Furthermore, it is easier for him to get noticed as a big fish in a small pond(i.e a star palying for an underdog team like Jamaica), that even a big fish(and he would probably be a small fish) in a big pond(a starlet playing for England). This guy has a better chance of starting for Jamaica, and probably would spend more time warming the pines for England. I am afraid, I do agree with USAF.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
      I saw where some posters were "debating" whether Raheem Sterling would loose money if he played for Jamaica over England, so I contacted two friends in sports marketing (Nike & Under Armour), and their answer is NO.

They said that what is important in this business is: 1. How much of a star the athlete is OR 2. How much of a star the athlete can be, and in football, players really build their star status on the club level, because of the visibility (# of times he plays for his club vs country) the club offers. The one who is with Nike said that they offered that lucrative contract to Ronaldinho because of what he did at Barcelona not with Brazil, and also said that they gave Sterling that deal because of what he can become at Liverpool.

They said that where Sterling would get pressured is from the club, BUT if he continues to grow and develop and his star status rises they would have to back off because they wouldn't want to loose a star player, who can attract others to the club and increase stature and revenue for the club. They also said that the JFF can also do things that would be mutually beneficial, such as using their star players who play in the top leagues (such as EPL, Serie A, La Liga etc.) for top level competitions.
      Wow someone talking sense!! It might even be to Raheem's benefit to play for Jamaica he could probably get more endorsements being the face of brand Reggae Boyz, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
        I saw where some posters were "debating" whether Raheem Sterling would loose money if he played for Jamaica over England, so I contacted two friends in sports marketing (Nike & Under Armour), and their answer is NO.

They said that what is important in this business is: 1. How much of a star the athlete is OR 2. How much of a star the athlete can be, and in football, players really build their star status on the club level, because of the visibility (# of times he plays for his club vs country) the club offers. The one who is with Nike said that they offered that lucrative contract to Ronaldinho because of what he did at Barcelona not with Brazil, and also said that they gave Sterling that deal because of what he can become at Liverpool.

They said that where Sterling would get pressured is from the club, BUT if he continues to grow and develop and his star status rises they would have to back off because they wouldn't want to loose a star player, who can attract others to the club and increase stature and revenue for the club. They also said that the JFF can also do things that would be mutually beneficial, such as using their star players who play in the top leagues (such as EPL, Serie A, La Liga etc.) for top level competitions.
        I applaud your efforts to enlighten Bricky on this subject. Dont be despaired if your noble effort has no effect on BRICK, its not your fault.
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Please Bricky! Back offa dis one!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Starting for Jamaica where? The Caribbean Cup? Great exposure

P.S. "...the World Cup can get you noticed for a club or contract..." therefore increasing your financial worth as a player...see it wasn't so hard admitting that Bricky is correct

Comment

Wah yuh seh...too much face a get kick off one time...forum too bloody...all now none a unnuh can refute my claim that starring in a WC or Euro increases your financial. potential..if Pele mever win all dem WC yuh wouldn't even know who the hell he is

Comment

Wah yuh seh...him might even get a spot in a LIME ad or better yet a WorldNet ad wit Delcita

Comment

Yeah! Mi nuh waan see yuh (or yuh inner demon dem) push yuh ratchet inna dem chest!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh remember when everybody was saying Bolt going to have to move outta Jamaica, and him gwine haffi drop Digicel and Puma for AT&T and Nike? Yuh memba?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Jamaica won a World Cup?

Comment

Yuh nuh see say di 1st face yuh kick off a yuh own?ohh yuh caan see ,sorry for asking.
                        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                          So Asamoah Gyan did not benefit financially after his standout performance at the 2010 World Cup? A breakout performance at a tournament such as the WC or Euro's where the entire world is watching is of no benefit financially to a player? Clubs don't have scouts watching the WC or Euro's to poach players for huge transfer fees? Come on son...
                          Well, it cuts both ways doesn't it...do you remember Ahn Jung-Hwan getting sacked by Perugia because he scored Korea's winner that crashed Italy out of WC2002?
                          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                            Well, it cuts both ways doesn't it...do you remember Ahn Jung-Hwan getting sacked by Perugia because he scored Korea's winner that crashed Italy out of WC2002?
                            Raheem Stirling aint no Ahn Jung-Hwan, Paul Marin you haven't seen nothing of this youth yet, memba mi tell you. He will be a hundred thousand pound per week balla for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                              Raheem Stirling aint no Ahn Jung-Hwan, Paul Marin you haven't seen nothing of this youth yet, memba mi tell you. He will be a hundred thousand pound per week balla for sure.
                              They used to say that about Kerlon, remember him? He was the one that invented the "seal dribble" but his career got cut short because of injuries. Like Raheem, he was slightly framed and injuries got the better of his promise. The point is that anything can happen along the way, which is why I am not a fan of throwing teenagers into the spotlight too soon. There is a longer list Kerlon's than their are of Whiteside's and Owen's...we just have to be careful so that what you say DOES come true.
                              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                                They used to say that about Kerlon, remember him? He was the one that invented the "seal dribble" but his career got cut short because of injuries. Like Raheem, he was slightly framed and injuries got the better of his promise. The point is that anything can happen along the way, which is why I am not a fan of throwing teenagers into the spotlight too soon. There is a longer list Kerlon's than their are of Whiteside's and Owen's...we just have to be careful so that what you say DOES come true.
                                That is so true, i hope Raheem can stay injury free and go on to have a successful career. From the first time i came accross this youth i knew that he was something special. I attended an academy game to watch my son who was on trial at Bristol City at time and i just could not take my eyes off the young Sterling he was so small but he was like an adult playing against kids and never in all my time watching these academy games have i seen so many scouts. There were scouts from everywhere!!

Comment

Working...
                                X