Endorsement of Footballers & other athletes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endorsement of Footballers & other athletes

I saw where some posters were "debating" whether Raheem Sterling would loose money if he played for Jamaica over England, so I contacted two friends in sports marketing (Nike & Under Armour), and their answer is NO.

They said that what is important in this business is: 1. How much of a star the athlete is OR 2. How much of a star the athlete can be, and in football, players really build their star status on the club level, because of the visibility (# of times he plays for his club vs country) the club offers. The one who is with Nike said that they offered that lucrative contract to Ronaldinho because of what he did at Barcelona not with Brazil, and also said that they gave Sterling that deal because of what he can become at Liverpool.

They said that where Sterling would get pressured is from the club, BUT if he continues to grow and develop and his star status rises they would have to back off because they wouldn't want to loose a star player, who can attract others to the club and increase stature and revenue for the club. They also said that the JFF can also do things that would be mutually beneficial, such as using their star players who play in the top leagues (such as EPL, Serie A, La Liga etc.) for top level competitions.

So its subjective based on him fulfilling his potential as a club baller ?

They said that what is important in this business is: 1. How much of a star the athlete is OR 2. How much of a star the athlete can be, and in football, players really build their star status on the club level, because of the visibility (# of times he plays for his club vs country) the club offers. The one who is with Nike said that they offered that lucrative contract to Ronaldinho because of what he did at Barcelona not with Brazil, and also said that they gave Sterling that deal because of what he can become at Liverpool.

X plain dat to brick...mine im run yuh roun inna circle,ask yuh di same question from a million angle.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Could you provide the names of the sports marketing agents and their contact info? I talked to two of my friends who own IMG and Creative Arts Agency respectively and they said YES he would lose money...I mean really...bout talked to two friends

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
        Could you provide the names of the sports marketing agents and their contact info? I talked to two of my friends who own IMG and Creative Arts Agency respectively and they said YES he would lose money...I mean really...bout talked to two friends
        LOL What a breddah wicked.

Comment

Hehe..lol..mi belly ..tek it to him brick.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I am American (USAF - USA Forever) so I have nothing to gain from this. The reason why I come here and participate is because I lived in Jamaica for a few years and attended high school (and I have inlaws and business in Jamaica), and I have always said here that I will support the ReggaeBoyz when they aren't playing the US.

Now, I don't have to prove anything to you, and why would my friends need to talk to you. I am not emgaged in a pi$$ing match with you nor anyone else. Your friends at IMG and Creative Arts Agency said the opposite - Well it's your choice to believe that, but I have no interest in having any conversations with them to verify your claims.

Did that once before (proving something I stated) on this site, and then realized it was a waste of my time and should have ignored the individual.

Comment

So Asamoah Gyan did not benefit financially after his standout performance at the 2010 World Cup? A breakout performance at a tournament such as the WC or Euro's where the entire world is watching is of no benefit financially to a player? Clubs don't have scouts watching the WC or Euro's to poach players for huge transfer fees? Come on son...

Comment

Brick please ,youths get offered sweet deals at fifa youth tournaments who dont play for england,so why would you expect different on the WC scene,ironic you use an african who got a lucrative deal that wasnt offered the chance to play for england,proves my point not playing for england doesnt hinder anyone from sweet deals.

If that deals is sweet enough to get them a contract to a top tier european club all the better,its a stepping stone for more lucrative sweet deals all dependent on club performace cc:messi and all the s ameriacn ,african,asians,europeans who have gotten sweet deals without being offered an england call up.

Comment

Sunderland paid 13 million pounds for Gyan based on his performance at the WC...who has a better chance of making it to the WC QF Jamaica or England? So how the hell can you all tell me that starring at a WC or Euro tournament does not translate to a financial boon for a player?

Comment

Stick with your initial statement and stop running off the map,what you have done is prove that players can make damm good money without an england call up .Thats your point with Sterling, Jamaica or england and the rationale is based on performance be it a tournament or club , Gyan was already in an established club before he came to england wasnt he ?

I dont believe that was the interpretaion moreso your marketability/value is based heavily on club performance,true your value might enhance in a tournament but that value is maintained and hopefully increased through a club,it can also decrease through clubs.Which make sense not every player features in a World Cup ,but players are frequently featured in established clubs and leagues who have value.

The proof in all of this, is the forgeiners whose salaries dominate not just the EPL but all upper tier european leagues.

Comment

ahm.. Raheem ahready play fi Liverpool.. his Club exploits get him a call up to hingland. so in Raheem case which country him play for is not the driver.. his performance for Club will be..

I can run this by my Adidas friend dem if yuh want.. can ask di Beast to ask Messi bout it..

Comment

You are running all over the map...my initial statement was that he will be leaving money on the table if he picks Jamaica over Liverpool...is unnuh run gone over the place while not proving me wrong

Comment

Boss mi dun wid Brick,your turn Ben.

Comment

Liverpool is not even a top 10 EPL team...bout already play for Liverpool...yuh tink is the 70's or 80's this...thanks for your participation though

Comment

suh di scouts gwine grade him pon how him look pon hingland bench ??

haffi guh straight fi di jugular.. time short these days..

Comment

Working...
                              X