• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X, what do you think about this?

Liverpool Transfer News: Reds Must Move on from Didier Drogba Talk

Richard Langford
    October 29, 2012

Laurence Griffiths/Getty Images

Liverpool has been in need of a striker since Andy Carroll left a few months ago, and now that Fabio Borini is out for the foreseeable future, it is downright desperate for help. This undoubtedly led to the swirling rumors that the Reds would add veteran striker Didier Drogba, as he is just about to finish off his season with the Shanghai Shenhua. The Daily Mail's Rob Draper comments on Liverpool's interest, but also adds why Liverpool must move on. It is all about red tape. Draper:
    Drogba will train with a Premier League club to keep in shape in November and December – but would need permission from his Chinese club to play and would need additional permission from the Premier League Board to join a club outside the transfer window.
    The Drogba to Liverpool move made sense in the first place because it seemed like the perfect short-term solution until the club was able to do something more permanent, but how feasible is that short-term solution now? Getting Drogba on the pitch for the Reds would not be a quick process, and therefore this move loses the purpose for which it was originally intended. This is a big blow to the Reds' immediate chances. They have just nine points from their seven EPL matches, and their lack of goal scoring is killing them. Liverpool has netted just 12 goals on the season, and the Reds have scored just two goals in their last four overall matches. This team doesn't just need a boost—they need a permanent fix, and they now must turn their attention to accomplishing that.

In an open letter to Liverpool fans, co-owner John Henry made it abundantly clear that this team was not interested in expensive short-term fixes because they wanted to find young talent and build towards continuity and the future. This is a golden opportunity to put that philosophy into action.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

i agree with the supporters funnny how carroll cant fit but an ageing drogba can.....clueless,drogba is going to fiyah them to the the prem title ...please ...desperation.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
      i agree with the supporters funnny how carroll cant fit but an ageing drogba can.....clueless,drogba is going to fiyah them to the the prem title ...please ...desperation.
      LOL!! What if we had BOTH Drogs and Carroll with Suarez? (We'd need about 50 dump truck each week to deliver them paycheck, but put the $ to the side). How come you not vex dat dem tief we on Sunday?
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

i am a mancity supporter with a liverpool heart.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

so were you "heart"broken by that atrocious call? it was.jj worse than the chi man no call
          Peter R

Comment

Actually no,liverpool need to bottom out before dem find dem soul,I have no faith in B.R none,one game doesnt impress me ,give me a solid season and a title like Rafa , a title or two like K.D ,then talk to me.I am sorry but I have to be won over by B.R ,not pool,pool is X and X is pool.B.R has no place in that at the moment.

Such is my mental dilema.

Comment

Why the baxide yug nuh leave Xcuse outa Loserfool waterloo.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Why dont you go to bed,its past your bedtime.

Comment

Working...
                X