RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JFF goes RB40 shopping and door not closed on King!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFF goes RB40 shopping and door not closed on King!

Our backs are against the wall. Should we open the door to King or should we only bring in new talent?

Door not closed on King, says JFF

Sanjay Myers
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012

JAMAICA'S senior team assistant coach Alfredo Montesso says the door is not closed on out-of-favour striker Marlon King as the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) looks to implement the framework for the Reggae Boyz's preparation for next year's final round of qualifying for Brazil 2014.

Montesso insisted that despite a below-par showing from King in two friendly internationals against Panama this year and a widely publicised disciplinary issue, the player could play a role in the qualifiers if he can prove his commitment to the national programme.
    KING... has scored 12 goals for Jamaica in 21 appearances

KING... has scored 12 goals for Jamaica in 21 appearances

#slideshowtoggler, #slideshowtoggler a, #slideshowtoggler img {filter:none !important;zoom:normal !important}
    1/1

"We have been spreading to the players that nobody has a share in the team. Everybody is competing with each other and many times myself and head coach Theodore (Whitmore), we have expressed that no door is closed for any Jamaican player once they fit with the team and once they obey the rules.
    "Even inside a team there is a different approach for different persons, but there are common rules that have to be respected. I believe the coaching staff is sticking to that.
    "I have been saying that in the two games against Panama, in my point of view, technically, Marlon was not in a good shape. He didn't play two good games," he told the Jamaica Observer's Monday Exchange of reporters and editors at the newspaper's offices.
    The Brazilian coach, along with JFF president Captain Horace Burrell and Whitmore, is set to have dialogue with key players on a visit to the United Kingdom for a 12-day trip, starting Thursday.
    Montesso, who was physical trainer when the Reggae Boyz made it to the 1998 World Cup in France, said the prolific King, 32, will not be overlooked, especially since the team at times have struggled to score against top opposition.
    "We have to get the opportunity to sit with him. We know what he did before and we know what he is doing at his club now. We are going to follow him and Ricardo Fuller and all the players who want the opportunity to play for the team.
    "Once the player fits in the programme he will be welcome to the team. What is important is that everyone understands that there is no one bigger than Jamaica. There is no one bigger than the team. No one of us," stressed Montesso.
    Birmingham City forward King has scored 12 goals in a Jamaica shirt from 21 appearances.
    Meanwhile, Burrell, who emphasised several times to Observer reporters and editors that the JFF will be doing all it can to ensure no stone is left unturned in the quest for qualification, said the strongest possible team will be fielded come next year.
    "It is the policy of the Jamaica Football Federation that we field the best 11 players on that pitch at all times... Thankfully, we are onto the final phase that's due to kick off on the 6th of February. It means we have some time to iron out all the kinks. We won't be begging anyone to play. We are a proud people and the JFF believes that players must have the burning desire to play for Jamaica," the former army man said.
    Montesso quickly added that for the coaching staff, playing the best 11 may not necessarily mean drafting players who are popular in the public's eye because of what they have done in the past.
    "It is important that we understand that the best 11 sometimes is not the best players, but sometimes the right players. We have to understand the chemistry and other aspects when we put players in there. We need players committed to the national programme. So we are not only going there to scout how they are playing, but to sit with them and feel (find out) if they are committed," he explained.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz2AmXbnLD0
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Can we manage him to get his very best for TEAM?
    If we can - FORWARD!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

how and when will we know?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

First they said it was curfew violation, then it was first class airline ticket, now it's poor performance in 2 practice matches. Come on guys, make up your minds. I think it is more like coaching and management incompetence to me.

Comment

Can it be all the above? I am sure we have not heard the half!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

or ... have you thought that maybe it could it be the cumulative effect of all 3 and/or perhaps more? ..... the curfew violation may have been the tipping point.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

He mentioned the poor performance from ages ago. I am not sure what you are getting on about.

Comment

I think its all of the above. For some reason I don't think if they think they could easily win with him they would fight him.. coaches dont think like that...

Comment

The coaching staff will make the decision. We shall then see the result. If they think they can manage him - He will be in. If they think they cannot manage him - He will be out! I do not think we should 'sweat it'!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Some players use these international matches as vacation. They come knowing fully well they are injured or some other crap. That needs to stop!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"We are a proud people and the JFF believes that players must have the burning desire to play for Jamaica," the former army man said."

Yes.. clearly.. and pride goeth before the Fall...

What wi proud bout again ?

Comment

We are a fox and grape type a people. Anytime someone not on the team him always good. When the good man come and get a game and nuh show up we talk how we have better in the NPL.

WE have seen it so many times from Marcus Gale, to Boxhill trying to get passport for a new "messiah". Now King is the messiah again and them not even look on the fact that the man was out of shape at critical times for us.

Again we a fox and grape kinda people.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Seedless Grapes ?

We full of foxery fi chue..

Comment

That might be so, but the out of shape player is playing better than the in-shape player who aimlessly runs around like a chicken without head.

Comment

so, basically we are right back where we started ... i.e. the decision of the coaching staff as to whether or not he will be a part of the set up..

Comment

Working...
                              X