The real fact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real fact

We talk about the team but Jamaica scored in every game except 2. We scored more goals than many of the teams that are currently in the X.

Many of the goals against are very basic mistakes that shouldn't have happen, like the two against the US, Especially the first one against Guatamala in Guatamala. We just need to tighten up a little.

to overload the team with new players would be a big mistake. Just look at Canada and other teams that who have top leagues players in their line up yet don't have any punch.

I hear man a talk bout Mexico already qualify. nothing nuh go so. We have beaten Mexico at home and can do it again and I know Mexico certainly haven't think they qualify already.

I watch the waggonist them telling us why we won't qualify because we had "softest zone" "We bearly qualified" "we need all England players etc. Tappa nuh good. After one win them jump and board and then the next day them cuss everything about the team.

We Will Qualify and our players are not as bad as some of guys are trying to make them. The US qualified by 3 points on the last day ahead of Jamaica.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Well, Tappa and Burrell interviewing 9 players, so we will see how many changes are made.

Comment

Bet you them nuh take more than 4. With 9 new players we can kiss the qualifers goodbye.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sass, you are right we don't need a ton of new faces especially if we recall some of our cast aways. Personally, I'd like to see McAnuff, Cummings, Hoilett, and McCleary..along with the suspended duo and other cast aways.

Comment

Three of them (Perch, Simpson, Cummings) are right backs and Robinson is unproven in English football and is said to have a bit of attitude. Dyer and Hoilett seem to be waiting for something else. So we might not have too many additions.

Comment

Perch is a utility player. Plays all the defensive postions plus central mid.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
              Well, Tappa and Burrell interviewing 9 players, so we will see how many changes are made.
              Me, who are the 9?
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                Me, who are the 9?
                No worries, I just read the observer article:

The nine players are Swansea winger Nathan Dyer; Reading midfielder Jobi McAnuff, defender Shaun Cummings, and winger Garath McCleary, Queen’s Park Rangers winger David Hoilett, Huddersfield Town striker Jermaine Beckford, Derby County striker Theo Robinson, Newcastle right-back Danny Simpson, and his team-mate, defender James Perch.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz2AkAWHR5a
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Any one familar with Aaron McLean game...

Comment

Tighten up a little, I think it is more than that. One is that the first eleven is still weak, our midfield is like a soft underbelly, at this point the only people I like in our midfield is Austin and a little bit on Dane Richards who I think relies too heavily on his speed, I remember his earlier in his career being able to really mix it up with some guile skill and speed, but now especially when I see him in the mls, it just seems like all speed and if the guy is bigger and as fast defending him then nothing happens. We need more combative, skillful warriors in the middle of the pitch, that is where the improvement comes from, shutting down passing lanes and options from mids is the first line of strong defense, we possibly also need some clinical finishing help from England forwards, but for most part I think that forward talent is very good.

Where we need serious help is depth of team, we have no depth and this is where we must improve, finding the best gems of the local players, no retread biz and then filling the gaps after that with some English pros that deliver on a daily basis in the English pro leagues, strictly Epl, Spl or ecl level. That is it our core is pretty good we just need to make sure each addition is really bringing true added value.

Comment

It would be interesting if those considered our core were named.
                      Care to go first, Stonigut?
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        We talk about the team but Jamaica scored in every game except 2. We scored more goals than many of the teams that are currently in the X.

Many of the goals against are very basic mistakes that shouldn't have happen, like the two against the US, Especially the first one against Guatamala in Guatamala. We just need to tighten up a little.

to overload the team with new players would be a big mistake. Just look at Canada and other teams that who have top leagues players in their line up yet don't have any punch.

I hear man a talk bout Mexico already qualify. nothing nuh go so. We have beaten Mexico at home and can do it again and I know Mexico certainly haven't think they qualify already.

I watch the waggonist them telling us why we won't qualify because we had "softest zone" "We bearly qualified" "we need all England players etc. Tappa nuh good. After one win them jump and board and then the next day them cuss everything about the team.

We Will Qualify and our players are not as bad as some of guys are trying to make them. The US qualified by 3 points on the last day ahead of Jamaica.
                        I am with you on that one Sass, we just need 4 or 5 quality additions, a goalscoring forward and a right back are priorities. Marvin Elliott will be up and running by the time the qualifiers come round so an attacking central midfield player is the other addition i would make.

Comment

Core players are yard ballers that have had significant success abroad and are Jamaican flag bearers for the football program, and also there is what I would consider the performing super core who have done that plus have performed well in the last few serious tournaments, Gold Cup and per hex.

Super core
                          So we talking bout J. Taylor, L. Palmer, Austin, Morrison (hurt I heard), Shelton, Richards, Cummings, peel head that is the foundation, not set in stone but that is the character, style and flow of the team built around these guys. That is 8.

Key additions to the local core are nose, mariappa and johnson, that fills out the heartbeat of the team. That is 3, running total of 11.
                          The body of the travelled yardcore is Watson, d. Williams, t. Stewart, Stevenson, shavar, jj, Omar Daley, woodbine, mattocks, fuller, Gardner, striker in the Finnish league cannot remember his name and pretty much any yard baller playing abroad for multiple years. From this group it will be critical to get the top two or three who can be added to the super core and be value added starters of very effective substitutes, if we get three from this group that still leaves us at a total 14, but overall from a competitive standpoint at 23 we probably need a working group of 35 to get the right 22.

So we go back to fundamental weak points one or two more wing backs from English leagues to really drive competition for those spots, three or four English mids defensive and attack minded and maybe two or three forwards, that is 32, we also need the ems from the local league to compete for spaces so another 3-5 players from there takes us to 35-38 that might look like a j hue, senior, Anderson, Campbell of BT, Phinn, Evan Taylor if he is playing good.

Overall build from the core, get the best of the larger core, add in some English ballers to strengthen weak points and overall team competitiveness and then the local players who are the current stars of the local league and let them fight for the spaces.

Comment

To be specific, the players i would like to see added to our roster is.
                            1 Danny Simpson
                            2 Jermaine Beckford
                            3 Junior Hoilett
                            4 Jobi McAnuff
                            5 Raheem Stirling (still dreaming)

Add those to who are already available to us and we will qualify for Brazil.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                              To be specific, the players i would like to see added to our roster is.
                              1 Danny Simpson
                              2 Jermaine Beckford
                              3 Junior Hoilett
                              4 Jobi McAnuff
                              5 Raheem Stirling (still dreaming)

Add those to who are already available to us and we will qualify for Brazil.
                              Even with those we will not qualify unless we become TEAM!
                              Too often the players - each player - does not work as part of TEAM. There is too much 'blinkered play' = seeing only keep ball move...particularly from the midfielders and forwards.

The defenders tend to share much more than anywhere else on the field.

That only 'keep ball move' makes us cough-up the ball...A LOT!!!! ...and does not lend itself to tap-ins. [Good example from higher league of that silly tendancy - last ManCity game and in the last minute Ballotelli's shooting when there was a TEAMmate to his left (Toure?) in on goal. TEAMplay would have had him rolling that ball across goal for a tap in - by Toure?].

...that lack of TEAMplay or playing 'me only move ball' reduces %age possession and denies our REGGAEBOYZ goals. It has to be practised (or practiced - Are you English or American?) until it becomes instinctive. ...plus we often take too long on the ball/do not pass swiftly enough. Teaching stuff like that helps creating TEAM.

Example of TEAM that does that TEAMplay seaching a lot - Barcelona!!! The amount of 'tap-ins'...rolling ball into goal that Barcelona does is phenomenal!
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X