Defensive strength year to date RSPL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive strength year to date RSPL

Harbour view topping the chart over first 9 games only allowing .55 goals per match while topping the attack side with 1.55 goals per match. A clear 1 goal differential between attack and defense.

Sporting Central and Portmore also are stingy on the defense end letting in only .67 goals per game.

These three teams clearly have the best and most consistent defense in the league over the first nine games, an average below 1 goal per game is an excellent result.

Who are the players behind these three programs defensive configuration, we must have a least one or two gems out of those 12 to 15 players??

Portmore's Adrian Reid is good!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

What are his strengths, weaknesses etc seems he as been in and out of national setup.

We need to figure how to ramp these guys up to top performance level, our idea of a ramp up is throwing them into the deep fat fry of competition ASAP.

If he is playing rspl and does well and he gets called and we put him into an important game as a starter right out the gate, then he doesn't do we'll and then he is a 'Rux' forever for some.

Funny how things are done in Fortune 500 companies with products and services, they go through a number of prototype rounds, then multiple pre- production runs before it goes to full production. We have no concept of building up the thing gradually, get the player on the squad, get him some minutes as a sub in weaker practice matches and gradually ratchet the competition level each time, we need to groom these guys, they are not machines.

Comment

Adrian Reid - Judged by me to be quicker than at least 1 of our defensive team. Equally adept - adept as in "highly skilled" - at the back - wide on the right, center-back and wide on the left.

2-footed player, good header!

Solid! TEAMplayer! Would make defense tougher and stronger!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Reid - He is at Portmore!!!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Of course I know who that one player is!

Has he had any trials outside Ja, I seem to remember at least one?

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
            Harbour view topping the chart over first 9 games only allowing .55 goals per match while topping the attack side with 1.55 goals per match. A clear 1 goal differential between attack and defense.

Sporting Central and Portmore also are stingy on the defense end letting in only .67 goals per game.

These three teams clearly have the best and most consistent defense in the league over the first nine games, an average below 1 goal per game is an excellent result.

Who are the players behind these three programs defensive configuration, we must have a least one or two gems out of those 12 to 15 players??
            Hmmm, how does HV, with a defensive liability as Jermaine Hue, manage to get such good defensive stats?!? Maybe you should think about that for a while.

To answer your question more directly, HV has Christopher Harvey and Montrose Phinn in central defence, with some useful wingbacks. Also Evan Taylor is in central midfield, with the able Nicholas Beckett to fill in from time to time.

Sporting Central has Linval Lewis in central defence and Kadian Wynter in midfield.

Portmore has Adrian Ried in central defence assisted by some other good defenders and midfielders in Andrew Vanzie, Ewan Grandison and Rosario Harriott.

Expect to see all those names in the Digicel Cup squad.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What is H/V's possession percentage rate?
              What is that of the opponents? ...that may tell how a poor defensive play could be 'hidden'.

Look if a team is great offensively - think on Barcelona - and enjoys great possession vis a vis its opponents its defensive record can appear/should, 'law of averages'=greater possession compute 'wins' and possible low goals against - think on Barcelona.

Is H/V best attacking team in the JFF's premier league? ...is H/V possession stats superior to all others or near 'tops' in the league? ...well?

Also in our local league the forwards are ******** poor at scoring goals. Most cannot pass well or kick well. ...in such a situation defensive stats are always when considered in the light of assumptions against higher quality leagues. Look no further than our Champion teams' records in the CONCACAF CLUB League competitions. In our local league setting those our Champions present stats that show fair defensive records when those same teams move into the CONCACAF zones with Central American or USA teams the defensive records stats = appalling (as in disgusting and inspiring horror)! ...the weak defensive player is 'hidden' in the local league and 'exposed' in the higher quality league.

Somehow most of our fans need to be able to see our local players for what they are. They have to be able to judge speed, technical skills, physical abilities...TEAM oriented type affinity and be able to identify our good local players and our 'not so good' ones...even as the local experts tout some of those 'not so good' ones as '2nd coming' of Pele or Carlos Alberto, Paulo Rossi or Guiseppe Bergomi, greatest attacking midfielder Maradonna or the great defensive midfielder Claude Mekelele.

Comment

True! If you control the game offensively your defence can appear to be better than it actually is. Unfortunately, I do not have those kinds of possession percentages for our league.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He has been to scandanavia numerous times and them send him back home. He is too flimsy, gives away possession or blast out the ball when under pressure.

Comment

Yuh sure? Bcos Karl say's he's very good!?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Karl must be watch him play right after the medication. Reid have a tendency to slap people while defending, so maybe him accidentally Kuff Karl

Comment

Same one!
                        ...when last was he there?

http://caribbeanfootballdatabase.com...drianreid.html

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...-again_8563896

Certainly seemed to me to have grown a lot when I saw him in the Gold Cup!!!

Comment

He went to Norway (Vålerenga) a couple months before the Gold Cup. And went to DC United on trial right after the Gold Cup.

Comment

Haha, hue the defensive general of HV, lets see how long it lasts, i am expecting 15 assists and twelve goals from him across 38 games, seems he is halfway there on the goals with only nine matches played, he should crush this goal, lets see if he comes close. I have been hearing about this Montrose Phinn, what's the deal with him, did he move to HV I don't remember his name with hv. Yes Evan Taylor has been on my mind as well, so now he is at HV and may well be a part of this defensive improvement as well, how is he doing is he holding down that defensive mids role at HV and has that been the role they were missing. If memory serves me right HV was letting in everything last year.

Comment

Working...
                            X