Time for technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for technology

It is obvious the refs can't judge diving. You see obvious diving and the players get away with it. The refs all of a sudden say they are no tolerating it and now they are giving cars for everyone who goes down.

Diving on the first offense should be a foul and warning. second should be a card.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

True,and there were fundamental changes made in the past,it would be just another changed for the better(accuracy).
    But on the flip side, everyone benefited from replays except the ref, honestly did you really now that Evans made contact...before seeing the replay?
    How can ref compete?

Comment

I thought it was a card for Evans, even Evans seem to have been surprised to see that Torres was the one getting the card.

The referee does not function in a vacuum when it comes to making calls on plays. He has two assistants who are supposed to be his eyes and ears from other angles. I do not think he even consulted his assistants before making such a game-deciding decision. If he was not sure, he had every right to get confirmation from his assistants before committing to wrongly issuing a red card to create such a disparity between the teams.
      I would have no problem losing to MU, but losing in the manner today is a bitter pill to swallow.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Congrats for ruling it a foul on Evans on first sight, rhatid but yuh is a Chelsea man.
        Look, assistant refs have in the past initiated contact with the ref in order to pass the right judgment, there is no evidence the assistants disagreed.
        Yes I have swallowed some of those bitter pills, but then you of all persons should know being a Chelsea man.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
          True,and there were fundamental changes made in the past,it would be just another changed for the better(accuracy).
          But on the flip side, everyone benefited from replays except the ref, honestly did you really now that Evans made contact...before seeing the replay?
          How can ref compete?
          Rockman, this is pretty obvious isn't it? You would think that the "powers that be" would recognize this wouldn't you? It is UNBELIEVABLE to me that as you say EVERYONE has the benefit of replay except the ONE PERSON who needs it most. It is NOT a difficult problem to solve and if you believe that people tend to act in their own self interest first, then it is pretty obvious that technology in the hands of the ref is a "no brainer". It doesn't require hand held devices or any such thing, nor does it have to hold up the game. All you need is a video ref to say, "yow dude, you got that one wrong". For my money EVERY goal should be reviewed. Crazy.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
          X