Mancini should be worried............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mancini should be worried............

This may not seem significant at the moment, but i can see Mancini getting the sack and Pep Guardiola getting his job. First they went and got the ex Barcelona chief excutive and now the ex Barcelona director of football, i think the ex Barcelona manager will follow if City continue to under perform.

Manchester City’s set to announce new director of football - former Barcelona technical director Txiki Begiristain

Txiki Begiristain will begin work as Manchester City’s new director of football within the next fortnight after the former Barcelona technical director agreed to head the Premier League champions’ first-team recruitment operation.

New Citizen: Barcelona's former director of football Txiki Begiristain (left) poses with club president Joan Laporta in 2008 Photo: GETTY IMAGES

By Mark Ogden

11:59PM BST 27 Oct 2012

13 Comments

Brian Marwood, currently operating as Manchester City’s football administrator, will move to a new role as managing director of the City Football Academy as the club attempts to create a production line of home-grown talent at the Etihad Stadium.

The capture of Begiristain, targeted by Chelsea in recent seasons, is regarded a s major coup by City and the club’s new chief executive, Ferran Soriano, who worked with Begiristain during his time as a senior administrator at the Nou Camp.

Begiristain said: “I’m pleased to have such an opportunity. I look forward to working with Brian Marwood, Roberto Mancini and Ferran Soriano in building a team and philosophy which will serve City well in the near and long term future.”

Begiristain is set to be handed the role of dealing with contract negotiations and player recruitment at City, a position which will see him deal directly with manager Roberto Mancini, but reporting to Soriano.

Mancini’s criticism of Marwood’s transfer dealings over the past two summers caused friction between the Italian and the club’s hierarchy, but it is understood that Begiristain will operate to the same blueprint laid down by City’s Abu Dhabi management as Marwood.

Related Articles

And despite Mancini’s cool relationship with Marwood and his criticism of the former Arsenal and England midfielder, City chairman Khaldoon al Mubarak remains an admirer of Marwood’s contribution, prompting his re-assignment to the Academy.

if that is the case .. what of Yaya Toure?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie, you know well-- that news paper sales is based on excitement and gossip.

"Loose lips sink ship...."
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
      X