Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manchester United buy back training kit sponsorship rights

Manchester United buy back training kit sponsorship rights from DHL

Manchester United have bought back the rights to their training kit from DHL because they believe they can negotiate a better deal with other sponsors.
    When United announced they had done a deal with DHL in 2010 worth £40m over four years, most experts were astonished at the sum as it exceeded all the actual kit deals of their Premier League rivals outside of the elite group of present and past Champions League qualifiers.
    Since then though, United have done the $559m (£350m) shirt deal with General Motors, who are paying a world record sum to replace AON as shirt sponsors in 2014.
    Now the Glazer family have taken the unusual step of buying out DHL, so certain are they of negotiating even greater revenue.
    "We have successfully negotiated an early buy-out of our training kit agreement with DHL effective 30 June 2013," the club said. "DHL will then continue as our global logistics sponsor.
    "The significantly increased value of agreements concluded since entering into this agreement, such as our recent $559 million world record shirt sponsorship with General Motors, leads us to believe that there should be strategic opportunities to further optimise the value of these rights."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I hope they replace it with UPS (or, The UPS Store).

Still, I am sorry to see DHL go from that Man U kit.

DHL has (just) signed a contract with UPS to use their facilities begin shipping overseas. Our location now ships DHL!!!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
      I hope they replace it with UPS (or, The UPS Store).

Still, I am sorry to see DHL go from that Man U kit.

DHL has (just) signed a contract with UPS to use their facilities begin shipping overseas. Our location now ships DHL!!!
      Eedy boo...do you really think they are "throwing out their old shoes before they have their new ones"? Dem long negotiate a new deal with the new sponsor - lyad dem. I hope DHL had a good break up fee in the contract...and that UPS get piece of it (for your sake).
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

yup...yuh think the "buyout" coming outta dem pocket?!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          yup...yuh think the "buyout" coming outta dem pocket?!!!
          LOL!! Sure...in an alternate universe maybe. The real joke is that these "journalists" tek everybody fi fool...lazy brute dem.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
          X